We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally found it!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
297 reviews
Save Topic
Finally found it!!

Finally, I've found the Boreno forum. First serached in Malaysia, then in Brunei... but here you are in Indonesia (need to work on my geography).

Anyway, now that I've found you I'll post my question. Due to travel to Borneo for 7 nights in Jan. What kind of weather can I expect at that time of year? I've been told that even when it rains, it's only for a couple of hours or so. Is there lots to do when it's rainy? Any must see or must do suggestions that I won't find in the guidebooks?

Thanks in advance

Mackay
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally found it!!

Hi,

I will also be heading to Borneo in January (Sabah). From my research and what I've been told it is rainy season but its mainly in the morning or evening (which is in my experience of other parts of se Asia).

If your heading to Sabah- mt Kinabalu, sepilok and sipidan all look amazing :)

Cass

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally found it!!

What part of Borneo do you want to visit?

Its a massive island (3rd largest in the world) and made up of Kalimantan (indonesia) Sarawak and Sabah (Malaysia) and Brunei.

Weather wise, it is the monsoon season in January. Can rain for several hours at a time but what there is to do when it rains, really depends on which part of the island you are visiting.

London, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally found it!!

I'll be in Sabah @ Tarjung Aru. Yeah looked at mt Kinabalu and it does look amazing. I'll be there end of Jan Cass, our paths may cross!

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally found it!!

I will be at Tanjung Ari in October 2013 - let me know how it goes

5. Re: Finally found it!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Kalimantan