We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to borneo

Reading, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
First trip to borneo

Hi

So,I have some money to spare (2grand ish) and around 3 weeks holiday to play with. Ive always wanted to do Borneo, and wanted to get peoples thoughts on the things to see and do. Sandakan looks like to place to visit, to travel to Sepilok and turtle island. Any other places on the islands? If not is it worth extending the trip further afield to HK. I want it to be a mix of adventure and relaxation as its my first holiday in 5 years.

All ideas welcome

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to borneo

Hi,

First off Borneo is great and we spent 2 months travelling around the island, so rest assured there is a lot to see and do.

However Sandakan per se is not so great, it is really just a gateway to other places, in particular the Kinabatangan area.

Also the places you mention are in the Malayasian portion of Borneo. So you may get more response on that forum

2. Re: First trip to borneo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17