We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borneo and rainforest

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Borneo and rainforest

Hi. We are travelling to Borneo combining rainforest with orangutan and turtle island. Has anyone been who can recommend a mobile network SIM card to buy when there. Also what is free wifi like - any communication tips would be great as I need to have a bit more contact with the uk than normal

Thank you all

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. I am thinking of doing something similar. Would you mind sharing your itinerary so i can get an idea of the time needed to do such a trip.

Thanks

Surfers Paradise...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Hi We are also wanting to see the orangutans so be interested in any tips and ideas who to travel with etc

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Hi all. We are in the Uk

3 nights Singapore

Flight toKk and two nights at Rasa Rasa ( that way we can leave the bulk of our luggage and just pack backpacks)

We are staying one night on tutle island which is basic accomodation. But the purpose is to see the turtles at night. So that's fine

We are then going to orangutang sanctuary and staying one night. Accomodation slightly better here but still basic. I understand a night each is sufficient. However I wish we were doing the turtles 2nd not first as if we up all night we will be shattered at orangutan so I think two nights there would be better.

If you look at Kenwood Travel they have brilliant itinaries for the rainforest.

After orangutan we are staying ? (Can't remember the name of the place now. But we are doing long boat trip. Then finishing our holiday back at the Rasa hotel which has its own orangutang place but obviously no where near as brilliant as the sanctuary. I have purchases bed bug protectors for the trip you spray on blotches and mattress.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Kuoni or Kenwood Travel. They have their own reps there. I am not sure who to use if booking local. But there us a great web called borneo adventure

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Who have you booked your orangutan stay through? Was it good?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Who have you booked your orangutan stay through? Was it good?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Borneo and rainforest

Hi. We have booked via Kuoni. They outsource to their reps out there. No sure who. We hsve not been yet we go the find of April

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Borneo and rainforest

I'm from Jakarta, I think you should use Telkomsel sim card, as this provider is known for having the biggest network coverage in Indonesia. I use this card, and when I went to Derawan Island, Borneo - the network was good, no problem. have fun!

9. Re: Borneo and rainforest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:15