We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
509 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

Hello all.

Due to the current situation, my flight to Jogjakarta has been cancelled. I am flying into Jakarta instead. I need to get to an area in Jawa Tengah called Cilacap.

How far is it from Jakarta airport? Like, how many hours? How do I get there? How much would it cost me in Indonesian Rupiah?

Please help. Thanks!

Woy Woy, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

Hi,

Take a Damri Bus from the airport to Gambir station in Jakarta.

He is the train information taken from www.kereta-api.co.id including times and prices.

JAKARTA [Gambir] (GMR) - CILACAP (CP)

Depart 06:30 Arrive 13:16

Fares

EXA Rp. 190.000

K2 Rp. 110.000

KM2 Rp. 110.000

Cheers,

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
509 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

Thank you so much for the info. Any other way to get to Cilacap?

I am going to miss the 6.30am train.

Thanks!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

You can take train to Purwokerto and continue the journey with bus.

There are 7 daily departures from Jakarta Gambir Station to Purwokerto. Choose Executive class (equivalent to Aircon Economy on KTMB) for your comfort.

There are lots of connection from Purwokerto Bus Terminal to Cilacap Bus Terminal.

You can also opt to take direct bus service to Cilacap.

There are 3 bus companies with different departure points in Jakarta:

1. Sinar Jaya, depart from Kampung Rambutan bus terminal (East Jakarta)

2. Gapuraning Rahayu, departs from Lebak Bulus (South Jakarta)

3. DAMRI, departs from either Kemayoran (Central Jakarta), or Kampung Rambutan.

You can go to either of this intercity bus terminal by DAMRI airport bus from Jakarta airport.

Either of this will take more time (the bus journey is not the most comfortable in Indonesia), so alternatively, you can spend the night in Jakarta and catch the morning train to Cilacap.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,517 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

I suggest to sleep overnight in JKt (somewhere close to Gambir) and take the morning direct train to Cilacap * 6.30 am).

Jakarta and Around
Level Contributor
85 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

If you want very fast way to go there

There is SUSI AIR flight from JKT (Halim Airport) to Cilacap direct, only 1 hour 10 minutes journey

They use CESSNA C208B CARAVAN “COMMUTER”,

Even its local company, but the pilot and PIC mostly expatriates,

you may refer to this website,

www.susiair.com

the schedule as follow

Jakarta - Cilacap - Jakarta: 1 flight per day

Daily:

Jakarta – Cilacap 07:40 – 08:50

Cilacap – Jakarta 09:00 – 10:10

Cheers

PDW

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

How safe is this Susi Airlines? Has anyone tried these Cesna planes before? And what about the time of the train Cilacap back to Jakarta? Would anyone help me with that so I can try to book my trip?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

Have you ever tried to fly with QantasLink or other independent airlines in Western Australia? Then the experience is moreover the same.

For booking, you can contact the airline directly as less Jakarta travel agent sold the ticket.

For train, there is 1 daily departure with Purwojaya train. Departure from Cilacap is around 18.10 and arrive at Jakarta Gambir past midnight.

Ticket can be purchased through appointed travel agent kereta-api.co.id/index.php… (for Cilacap, see DAOP 5 Purwokerto)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,517 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

Check this info on Susi air

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susi_Air

Susi Air is listed in category 2 by Indonesian Civil Aviation Authority for airline safety quality.

In October 2008, a Diamond DA-40 (registration PK-VVL) from Susi Air made an emergency landing on a firing range in the hilly Army Infantry Training Center compound, some 40 kilometers from the West Java provincial capital Bandung. The pilot was forced to make an emergency landing because of engine problems. The aircraft's propeller gear was damaged after hitting the ground on the uneven grass field. Besides the Pilot, the airplane was carrying two mechanics to fix another Susi Air airplane that had broken down at Nusawiru airport.

Susi Air is the largest operator of Cessna Grand Caravan's in the Asia Pacific region which make up the majority of the companies fleet.

9. Re: Jakarta to Cilacap, In Jawa Tengah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 16:18