We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Hi,

My wife and I will be arriving at 23:45 and are heading to the Ibis Jarkata Arcadia Hotel on Jalan KH Wahid Hasyim.

We intend to catch either a Blue Bird or Ekpress (Express) cab after having brushed aside the touts (Saya tidak mau)

We know there is an airport fee of about Rp11,000 and a toll fee of Rp15,000 and the cab should use the meter. Can anyone give us an indication of what we should expect to pay (Excl the mentioned extras)?

Do we have to pay a surcharge or extra mileage rate due to the late hour?

Similarly when we fly out, our Air Asia internal flight to Bali leaves at 06:00 so we will need to be there about 05:00. What time is suggested to leave the hotel to make this and again do we incur a surcharge due to the very early hour?

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Hi!

You can expect to pay around 120,000 IDR more or less. That's excluding the toll fees.

For going to the airport in the morning I would give it an hour. Although it will probably be faster. It's best to ask the hotel staff when you arrive. Usually there are bluebird cabs waiting in front of your hotel. It won't be hard to get one in the morning.

Q

Edited: 23 March 2013, 12:55
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

On taking the taxis...the touts will certainly be after you to take their taxis..I always say "Blue Bird aja" and everyone knows right away not to press you anymore...as they know what you want. ..The Blue Bird stand is a little bit further out from the exit doors, just keep walking until you get to the small metal stand that says Blue Bird and see the man who takes the names and assigns cabs. Once I was lucky and since I was the last flight in for the night I got the Mercedes Limo for the price of a regular Blue Bird.

Can't remember about any surcharges but with Blue Bird you know they are not scamming you, and they will use the meter. and explain any extra charges honestly...don't let anyone talk you into a flat rate.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Oh wow! Mercedes limo? How lucky you were, ubudpuppy. Are you also one of the few that get free upgrades to business class when flying? :)

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

I wish! (Actually since I believe in Karma and I have a very pure heart, I do sometimes get upgrades hehehe)

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Actually, now I remember it was when I was flying to Jakarta quite often. The Silver Bird man would remember me and knew which hotel I was going to before I could even tell hiim.

You could say that was my "frequent rider" reward.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Haha, thanks to your pure heart and the Silverbird man then.

I knew it, I should have behaved better in my past, haha. Will pay off my debts using economy class and bluebird then. Oh well!

Edited: 23 March 2013, 13:54
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

1/ <<e intend to catch either a Blue Bird or Ekpress (Express)>>

Express has no counter in CGK, either Blue Bird or Silver Bird or White Horse ( executive taxi_)

2/ Appx. fare to the Ibis hotel - about 110-120k IDR ( toll+ airport surcharge) excluded

3/ NO midnight surcharge etc in JKT.

4/ << Air Asia internal flight to Bali leaves at 06:00 so we will need to be there about 05:00. >>

YES< if you have no luggage to check in. If you NEED to check-in suitcases, better arrive 1:30 mn before departure, no later.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

Thank you for the information - most helpful

9. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 06:05
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Arrival Late At Night - Taxi Fees?

tuan_walter,

I warned you once, that posting link to your personal web-page will be evaluated as spam.