We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

Ried Im Innkreis...
4 posts
Save Topic
Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

Hello,

We are planning out trip to Indonesia in August since already last year.

We want to go by train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta on August 4. Therefore we asked our contact person in Jakarta to organize 2 tickets for us as soon as they are on sell.

Unfortunately we noticed that this person was not reliable as he did not buy the tickets. Now we see that all trains are fully booked. We are (and were) aware that they get sold out really soon due to Idul fitri.

Does anyone know any possibilty to get 2 train tickets for this date?

Maybe some agency has some tickets on stock or someone does not need his tickets for this date?

We were really looking forward to go by train as this was the highlight of the trip for my boyfriend (he loves trains. :-) ). The problem is that we really have to go on this special date even if we know about the problems with transport at this time of the year.

Thanks for your help!

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

too bad that the ticket is surely sold out last month.

Maybe some agency has some tickets on stock or someone does not need his tickets for this date?

i am not sure because when buying ticket, must submit name and identity card.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

Too bad all tickets are sold out for Idul Fitri holiday (7 days before up to 1 day before the celebration day). If you found anyone who still have stocks, it must be scam as people who purchase train ticket need to have matched photo ID.

Also, for tourists, the experience of riding train during this period is not fun at all! It will be cramped and totally not a good experience. You may try your luck to check for any available leftovers at www.kereta-api.co.id the official website of Indonesian Railways. If the website show no availability, then it is really unavailable.

I suggest to ride Thalys across Europe instead...

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

This is my reply on your other thread in Indonesia forum:

Hi,

Unfortunately it is impossible to get train ticket from Jakarta to Yogya for August 4. The ticket is fully booked since a month ago. Maybe you can consider going to Yogyakarta from a different city such as Bandung. I just checked the Indonesian Railway website (www.kereta-api.co.id) and tickets are still available for that date for Argo Wilis, Lodaya and Turangga train. You should be hurry to grab it, I'm not sure if it's still available in the next few days.

From Jakarta to Bandung, you can take a shuttle service such as X-Trans, Cititrans or Cipaganti to the drop off point somewhere near Bandung train station.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,139 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

ines87_austria,

Congrats!

You`ve chosen the worst possible time to travel to Indonesia, why did`nt you check the local things in ADVANCE................August 4 is a total disaster.

5. Re: Train Jakarta - Yogya August 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:16