We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't pay a Batik air flight by credit card. Any advice?

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vilassar de Dalt...
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Can't pay a Batik air flight by credit card. Any advice?

Hello, Im trying to pay by credit card a flight from Jakarta to Yogya, but the website Batikair doesn't allow it. I have tried different times, but it is not possible. i have also tried through the ionair web site, but it is the same. Looks like if they don't accept foreign credit cards. Anybody can give us some advise? Thank you

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't pay a Batik air flight by credit card. Any advice?

Hi there,

As I suspected.

Lion Air, Batik Air, Wings Air (all belongs to the same group) RESTRICT credit card payment only from select countries and hence it might not possible for certain foreign credit card to be accepted as payment method. I recommend to book with other carrier that offer more flexibility in payment option.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't pay a Batik air flight by credit card. Any advice?

book AA instead, they have access through expedia.com or kayak.com - all card accepted.

Probably batikair has a restriction as MANY local lines do, garuda only recently started accepting foreign card via their official page.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't pay a Batik air flight by credit card. Any advice?

Just go with Garuda, Lion or Air Asia. These airlines have multiple daily flights to Jgja and I haven't had a problem using credit cards on their websites. If you still can't book online, I suggest when in Jakarta you just go to a local travel agent and book via them. From promo to normal fares only vary by about $20US in the worst case scenario, so no need to stress.

Cheers

4. Re: Can't pay a Batik air flight by credit card. Any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:19