We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

Edmonton, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

Dear members,

Is it true that Indonesian Visa on Arrival sticker so big that required one whole page of passport? Will the immigration ask the foreigner to show return ticket when applying VOA ?

Thanks

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

The VOA sticker was 1 page - it is now about a quarter of a page.

However it is a requirement when entering Indonesia that your passport is valid for 6 months including your stay in Indonesia - and that it has 2 blank pages.

Failure to have these could result in you being denied boarding by the airline - or it could result in you being denied entry and turned around at the border back onto a plane.

The Immigration officer may ask for your onward travel arrangements, and may also ask for proof of support in JUST the same way the Canadian Border Controls would require it.

I have never been asked - BUT it could happen

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

The official rule from the government of Republic of Indonesia requires the following to apply for visa on arrival:

1. Person of the eligible nationals

2. One blank page of the passport (yes, it takes one whole page)

3. 6-month validity from the first date of travel (not the first date of the flight booking)

4. Confirmed return ticket (no open date is allowed)

NOTE:

(a) Visa-on Arrival is a social visa, different visa must be obtained for business purposes.

(b) Visa-on-arrival CANNOT be extended beyond its validity of 30 days (since the date of your arrival).

(c) Visa-on-arrival is of SINGLE ENTRY type (meaning, if you happen to go abroad within 30 days of your visit to Indonesia, at the time you re-enter Indonesia, you have to apply for another one)

If you have specific wish other than social visit and/or requires duration of more than 30 days and/or you require multiple entry visa, you MUST obtain this visa at nearest Indonesian consulate/embassy prior arriving to Indonesia.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,790 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

1/ YES, you may be asked to show your onward ticket, hotel accommodation confirmation and proof of sufficient funds to sustain yourself during your stay in Indonesia. Not necessarily, but immigration has EVERY RIGHT to ask any of these.

2/ The whole blank page of your passport is REQUIRED. together with 25 USD/ fee - bring the exact money in USD currency, no cards.

Edmonton, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

Thank You guys for the replies information. Thanks to Schonefeld, Cirque and Our001 :)

Edmonton, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

I haven't purchased the return ticket yet, was planning to buy it in Jakarta for Low cost Budget planes. Well now I guess I have to buy it online, before the worst case .. Immigration send me back to the plane.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,790 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

<< Well now I guess I have to buy it online, before >>

YES, do it..........

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

It is a good step to take, IcedCappucino.

8. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 04:21
9. Re: Visa On Arrival in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21