We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Hi everyone,

Our family (5 people) wil stay 3 nights in Jakarta.

I and my mom decided to stay one more night after send the others to the airport to fly back home. All of us will check out then my mom and I will move into other place.

So, we have almost 2 days and 1 night free, is there any place near the airport/convenient to have a stop by on the way to airport and worth a visit?

We would have already visited many areas in the city center incl. mangga dua, kota, and even taman mini indonesia. Mom and I have no interest in park. Beach is considered though we are not that into it.

Thanks in advance.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Dear all,

Many thanks for your information.

I've just looked around and found this message on facebook of Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta :

"We couldn't thank you enough for those who already follow & still following our twitter , BIG THANK YOU!

Please follow our twitter for those who hasn't

Because BIG surprise will be waiting for you all on the day we're open at 16th September 2013!

Have a rockin' Monday ya'll!!"

So, I know that I'll miss their grand opening.

Hope that Black Cat is my taste.

Thanks again!

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Sorry about the outdated information, havent been to ex mall for a very long time.. thanks for the update.. :)

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,994 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

<<Hope that Black Cat is my taste.>>

Amigos ( Kemang) and Hacienda ( Plaza senayan Arcadia, happy hour 3-7 pm) do have live band performances. check their pages on facebook.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Hi all,

I want to buy bunk of candies, snacks, crackers/biscuits... is there any wholesale store or supermarket where offers good price and located in the center? I love snacks made in Indonesia so much...

Thanks in advance!

Btw thanks Schonefeld for the recommendation, I'll check those bar out.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 16:04
St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Much better to know where you will be staying before recommending a place to buy or the final itinerary.. since its much better to buy somewhere close.. so you dont get caught in the jam.. :)

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,994 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

<<Much better to know where you will be staying before recommending a place to buy or the final itinerary.. >>

As.... every mall has a food supermarket on the basement level, you can buy a supply of <<candies, snacks, crackers/biscuits.>> everywhere. Prices are marginally the same: Lotte, Kemchiks, Hypermarket etc.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,994 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Nhu Hoa N...

and you are always welcome.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Within Taman Mini park, there is free shuttle which you can take from designated stops. Enquire at the park entrance for latest frequency.

For senior citizen, not much focused activity really but outdoor market, although bustling might be to their interest compared to modern shopping malls.

For adults, ancol can be a place to see what beachfront area of jakarta looks like... you can do beachfront dining or just see animal shows at Samudera Adventure... the art market is also worth a visit if you want to see the creation of local artist...

Edited: 23 August 2013, 04:53
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

For souvenirs of wider range than snacks, you can head to Sarinah dept store for large selection of souvenirs from all over indonesia

Edited: 23 August 2013, 04:55
Jakarta
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Any place on the way to Jakarta Airport worth a visit?

Hi Nhu Hoa,

Jakarta has quite many places for massage, either only foot massage or whole body massage which may take 2-3 hours. I guess this may suit your mom (and also good for you). You can browse "Martha Tilaar" which I recommend. Here is the link you may need. www.marthatilaarspa.com/subpage.php…

For location, I recommend Pluit or Kelapa Gading Area (they have their outlets there). Pluit is close to airport. Kelapa Gading where you can find many restaurants around. Its a good place to explore culinary in Jakarta.

Cheers,

Riris