We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for party place in Jakarta

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for party place in Jakarta

I've never been to Jakarta, this is first time for me.

I have to arrange the small dinner party there and about 15 people will coming.

But I don't have any idea.

We are going to stay in Best Western Mannga Dua.

If there is awesome restaurant near by our hotel, Please recommend to me.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

BBIN,

This forum is a great place to collect valuable information to plan your stay in the JKT City. You will meet people from different places - locals and visitors from different countries - all willing to share with you their knowledge and experience of this destination.

Note these contributors are volunteering to spend some of their time to provide hints, tips and advices so you can enjoy your stay. Please feel free to squeeze a small "Hello" and "Thanks" in your questions; this would be greatly appreciated and won't take you much of your time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

Hi BBIN,

My recommendation would be Sands at Mangga Dua Square.

Hope it helps.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 08:07
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

Thank you for your advice !

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

<<I have to arrange the small dinner party there and about 15 people will coming. >>

If Italian food is Ok, here is the best place ( HIGHLY recommended). The nicest private room for dining and small functions i `ve ever seen in JKT.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294229-d366…

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

Around Mangga Dua area, majority of big restaurants are Chinese restaurants and they're famous for weddings. Other than that, it depends on which restaurant you're looking for; just regular international buffet or you have typical preference (e.g. traditional Indonesian, japanese, etc)

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

Dear. Schonefeld

Thank you so much for your recommend :)

Dear. Cirque

I think Italian restaurant is better than others. Because everybody coming from different country.

If you know any restaurant to recommend, please tell me the name of restaurant then I can google it.

Thank you so much for your help !

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

Not much really in Jakarta you can find good Italian and definitely not nearby Mangga Dua area, thus be prepared to arrange transport if you have to.

Toscana is one of the oldest but still popular, you can also look at Puro or Torino Osteria. The latter is rather casual and not too formal. All are located in South Jakarta, approx 1 hour drive from the hotel in Mangga Dua.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

BBIN,

My personal Italian best is the one i reviewed and already mentioned.

http://www.lalucejakarta.com/

9. Re: Looking for party place in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:27