We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
162 posts
415 reviews
Save Topic
Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Hi forumites, and a special hello to the DE's!

Firstly I just wanted to say thanks to the DE's for their amazing advice and guidance for myself & others on TA - Schonefeld, Cirque and Stefzzz, you're amazing! I've been reading recent posts to update myself and it never ceases to amaze me how much you know, how quickly you answer and how freely you give of your time!

As for us, we've just decided to come to Jakarta at the end of this month for a bit of shopping and relaxing. This will be our 4th trip to Jakarta as a family, so I have some idea of what we'll do & see, but I just need some help, please. As we have 3 kids and our oldest is now 17, we're thinking that we might get 3 hotel rooms, and stay at less expensive hotels this time - but we MUST have a pool for the kids. Just so that you understand why we're not moving around much, one of our daughters can't spend very long in a taxi/car without getting very ill, so we're changing hotels a couple of times to mix things up, but not venturing beyond Jakarta. We have already been to Bogor, and although I'd like to see Bandung, it won't be on this trip.

Here's my plan so far (note that at each stop we also plan to swim, dine out and relax):

10 nights in Mangga Dua (Best Western) - to shop the Mangga Dua & Pluit malls, visit Waterbom & Ancol, visit Sunda Kelapa

7 nights in Kemayoran (Ibis Kemayoran) - to visit Monas, Atrium Mall, Pasar Senen, shop at Pasar Baru, Sarinah, don't know what else?

2 nights at Taman Mini (Santika TMII) - just to visit Taman Min, the reptile farm etc & their waterpark

5 nights in South Jakarta - our purpose here will be to visit local malls (Pacific Place, FX, Plaza Senayan, Blok M etc), look at the Textile Museum and to eat at the Mulia buffet multiple times!

I think I have the hotels sorted for the first 3 areas (do you think they sound ok?), but I'm struggling to find a safe, clean budget hotel with a pool for the last 5 nights. Taking into consideration our plans for visiting the above mentioned places, I am wondering if anyone could please suggest a budget hotel for about US$50-70/night in this area, please? Perhaps I'm wanting too much and there's nothing suitable in this area?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Cheers,

Sue

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

It's quite hard to find a hotel with swimming pool for that budget. However you can try the following hotel:

- Harris Suites FX Sudirman

- Royal Kuningan Hotel

- Arion Swiss Belhotel Kemang

- Harris Hotel Tebet

- Bidakara Hotel in Pancoran

Harris Tebet and Bidakara Hotel are a bit far but they will fit within your budget. See the reviews in TA.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 09:31
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,770 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

adding to radjaff`s list of south hotels:

6/ Kristal

7/ Mercure Jakarta Simatupang,,

WOW, Dromomaniac, so happy to see back to the forum and PLANNING!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
162 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Hiya Radjaff,

Thanks so much for the list of hotels - with your help, I should be able to find somewhere after all, I really did think I might be asking too much! I'll check those hotels out.

Cheers,

Sue

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
162 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Hi Schonefeld!

I'm so glad to be back planning as it means i'm coming to Jakarta - a place I love to spend time in! Thanks for adding to the hotel list, I have more to check out than I expected!

Are my other hotel choices OK, do you think, taking into account that we're going for somewhere clean, safe and budget to lay our heads this time around (meaning that I'm not expecting 4/5* luxury & services).

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!

Sue

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

7 nights in Kemayoran will be very boring. The location is not so good, I think it's better to stay in Menteng/Cikini/Sabang area. Monas, Pasar Baru, Pasar Senen, Sarinah is within easy reach by car from there.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 11:32
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
162 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Thanks for advice, Radjaff, I'll have another look at that, I hadn't considered Menteng. What sort of things in that area will make it more interesting than Kemayoran, please? It is a busier area/more restaurants/more shops?

Thanks again,

Sue

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,770 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

My only concern is ibis Kemayoran, it`s the weakest choice of all. Gunung Sahgari is not a WOW place to stay , especially for 7 nights of your * hotel hop on*..... I remember you have an itchy feeling staying on the same place for long, i guarantee Ibis Kemayoran will make you itchy MUCH sooner...LOL

how about Morissay instead????

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294229-d184575…

or

Luwansa

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294229-d384302…

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Menteng, Cikini and Sabang are upscale neighbourhood while Kemayoran is a bit shabby. Many good restaurants around Sabang and it's within walking distance to Sarinah. Sabang is also known as "eat street".

Morrisey in Sabang will be a great choice, and there are many other nice hotels in the area. There are two Ibis hotels (Ibis Tamarin and Ibis Arcadia) in the area if you want to stay for lesser budget. Ibis Tamarin has swimming pool while Arcadia doesn't.

Edited: 04 October 2013, 11:48
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
162 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Ah, you know me well, Schonefeld! Yes, hahaha, I certainly get very easily bored staying in the one place for too long, so I'll have a look at the other hotels you've mentioned. We got an amazing deal on Ibis Kemayoran, practically free rooms inc breakfast, through my husband's company, so we may still persist with that area.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
162 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good value hotel in south Jakarta with a pool?

Great, thanks again Radjaff, I'll check out all the options suggested. So great to get local advice, and offered up so quickly :-)