We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight layover in Jakarta- No fully empty pages passport

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight layover in Jakarta- No fully empty pages passport

So I'm flying from Seoul to Singapore with a long layover in Jakarta TOMORROW. I wanted to leave the Jakarta airport and stay overnight at a hotel but I realized I don't have a full empty page left in my passport (only two halves on separate pages). Internet research tells me this may be an issue in getting the visa on arrival in Jakarta. So, should I risk trying to get the visa and being rejected or just stay overnight in the airport? I prefer to sleep at a hotel.....

I read that if you rejected due to lack of empty pages they put you back on a plane to your country of embarkation. Once I arrive in Singapore I will immediately head to US embassy for more pages! Any advice is helpful! Last time I plan such a short trip~

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,871 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight layover in Jakarta- No fully empty pages passport

If you are entering Indonesia through Bali, you must have two fully blank passport pages in your passport. If you are entering through other ports of entry, you must have at least one blank page. Indonesian immigration inspectors do not consider amendment pages in your passport as blank pages. If your passport is nearly full, be sure to obtain extra blank passport pages before you travel - go to How to Add Extra Pages to Your U.S. Passport. If you don't meet Indonesian entry criteria properly, you may be denied entry on the spot with no recourse and put on the next available flight departing Indonesia.

####################

Sora80,

This forum is a great place to collect valuable information to plan your stay in the JKT City. You will meet people from different places - locals and visitors from different countries - all willing to share with you their knowledge and experience of this destination.

Note these contributors are volunteering to spend some of their time to provide hints, tips and advices so you can enjoy your stay. Please feel free to squeeze a small "Hello" and "Thanks" in your questions; this would be greatly appreciated and won't take you much of your time.

2. Re: Overnight layover in Jakarta- No fully empty pages passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:21