We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on bandung jakarta trip

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help on bandung jakarta trip

Good day guys,

I have a few questions. After tried to search in related topics, i still cant find the answers.

I will be arriving Bandung Airport on 12/02/14 at 1600hrs and planned to straight away go to Jakarta. I will stay at Jakarta (most probably at Studio One Residence or Tune Hotel but haven't booked yet) until 14th and proceed back to Bandung to finish my holiday until 18th Feb 2014. I will travel with my wife, 3 years old son, and my mother. My questions:-

1-What is the best way to travel to Studio One Residence or Tune Hotel from Bandung Airport. As i checked the train schedule, i will only able to catch the last train which is at 1950hrs and arrived Gambir Station around 2300hrs. I think it will be difficult for me to take any taxi to the hotel at that time.

2- If the hotel mentioned above is very hard to get transportation, kindly please advise me any hotel at that price range(around Rp370,000/night) and near to attractions. The reason i choose those hotel are because the price, good review, easy food, near to the town.

Thanking you guys in advance. Apologise if I posted in the wrong forum. I hope that it is ok since i saw our DE's are the same members as the Bandung Forum and my question related to both forums. Cheers.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on bandung jakarta trip

1 you can use shuttle to go directly to jakarta. from bandung airport, go to btc. then use cipaganti to go to jakarta. then use taxi to go to your hotel. even you use train and arrive late night, you can easily find taxi in gambir. just ask metered taxi before you going in.

anyway, you may consider to change your schedule. bandung first then jakarta ?

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on bandung jakarta trip

Thanks alot Mr Cakur for the reply. Actually the plan is not firmed yet but I'm just thinking if I stay at Bandung 1st, then go to Jakarta, I have to book for hotel in Bandung 1st then check out, go to Jakarta then check in. Then I have to go to Bandung again,definitely need to check in because my flight will be 0830hrs/18th. I dont think it's a wise decision.

Its a relieve to know from your info that there will not be a problem to find a taxi at Gambir Station during late night. Thanks alot. Will try to plan wisely as per your info. But in term of time and money,which 1 is better, by shuttle or by train?

Just out of curiosity, what is your advice if I decide to stay at Bandung 1st?

Thanking you in advance.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,443 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on bandung jakarta trip

bad_103, hi\

If you plan to spend the most of your timein JKT what`s the point to fly to BDO - and then waste your time / money on travel there and back again with kids and elderly onboard??? KUL and CGK are well connected and zillion flights a day???!!!!

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help on bandung jakarta trip

what time is your return flight from bandung ? if your flight is in the morning, then you must stay in bandung at 17th.

if not, then you can stay in bandung first, going to jakarta at 14/15 feb, then at 18 feb, check out hotel then go directly to bandung airport. either with shuttle or train.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help on bandung jakarta trip

Taxi in Jakarta and Bandung is less frightening than in KL. Here, all are using meter and NO midnight surcharge. It's easy to hail one from the street as well (except taxi from Bandung airport which is using coupon system).

You can either take train or shuttle (I highly recommend the latter).

As for hotel in Jakarta, consider Amaris Thamrin City which is better than Studio One in terms of location. Tune hotel? Skip it. You don;t want to pay extra for silly stuff such as TV, internet, and aircon these days...

6. Re: Need help on bandung jakarta trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17