We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dhaka
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

Hi..this is my first visit to Jakarta and Im planning on celebrating my New Years Eve there. I would like to know which area is the most happening, popular, tourist friendly, lively, convenient and close to most attractions in Jakarta. I would also appreciate any budget hotel suggestion from those of you with experience of travelling to Jakarta before..but my key require ment is location. Thanks.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,966 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

MirzaS, hi and welcome to TA forums!

What`s your budget/ room/ night?

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

Correct, it depends on your budget. if me, i will stay at Alila Hotel at Pecenongan. Why.... for first timer, it's very clean, and nice. second, it close to most of major attraction, monas, museum. not far from shopping crazy at mangga dua, and just on the roadside, the street market is famous at night.... everyday, without fail.... you can find almost any food there....

but of course, that's me.... im staying alila for business trip, but i dont see why it cant be for holiday.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
768 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

if budget is not a concern I would advise you along Bundaran HI or Thamrin area. Why, because there will be a lot of folks around that area, including Monas, the national monument.. Except if you want to party indoor then it doesn;t matter in any 5-stars hotel...

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

Hi there,

I recommend to stay in Central Jakarta area for first timers.

The area of Thamrin/Sudirman is central and recommended for tourists.

Of course majority of 5-star luxury hotels have great location here and budget hotels are located at the "back" of these hotels.

For suggestion on budget accommodation, look at:

Amaris Thamrin City

Ibis Tamarin or Ibis Arcadia

Max One hotel Sabang

5. Re: The best hotel location in Jakarta for a first timer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:16