We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
242 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

Hello all

Please can you advise what options exist for transport from Cikini area in central Jakarta to Cikarang. I know and have details of TransJakarta bus network but that doesn't go so far.

My friend who lives in Cikarang (which is why I'll visit Indonesia in the first place!) suggested to use TransJakarta bus to Blok M and then to use AO Transport bus to Cikarakng Lippo Mall (which I remember from 2009).

But, the website for AO Transport is "suspended", and the only news I found was a horrific crash which killed about 50 school girls from Yokjakarta!

So now I don't know... What's best? Aside from metered taxi which will cost a lot! I travel alone.

Oh, this is for Saturday 11 Jan (morning) and return Sunday 12 Jan (hopefully in time to visit Monas).

Terima kasih...

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

Sorry, metered taxi is the only way for you to go...and in fact I suggest you only use a BlueBird Group taxi.

bluebirdgroup.com/passenger-transportation/r…

To save yourself a lot of headache, confusion, and sweating, or much worse, use a taxi please. Will probably cost you less than USD 10. (depends entirely on traffic)

Are you coming from Cikini because you are arriving on the train?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

You can use TransJakarta or taxi to Ratu Plaza, Senayan and then taking shuttle bus to Lippo Cikarang (I do not know the current operator, but the shuttle bus to Lippo Cikarang housing estate is still exist).

Taking taxi to Cikarang will be a bit costly, expect to pay no less than Rp100,000 one way. Bus is definitely cheaper, but take more time to travel.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

Also bus Mayasari Bhakti AC 121 from Blok M to Cikarang. Google it for bus fare and route map

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,380 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

<<Rp100,000 one way.>>

It`s about 10 USD......ONLY. Just take a taxi.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,141 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

The shuttle bus operator for Lippo Cikarang is still AO Transport. I saw the bus today in Blok M terminal area.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
242 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

Wow! Terima kasih everyone! I genuinely appreciate your advice! I'll check out these options later. I know about Bluebird taxis, and yes, it's the only taxi option I'll consider.

Oh, reason for Cikini, well, I found a backpacker lodge (travel on a fairly tight budget) that is in central Jakarta and away from the all-night noise of Jl Jaksa. Also, Damri bus goes between Soekarno-Hatta and Gambir, and then it's easy walk / taxi / commuter rail to Cikini.

7. Re: Central Jakarta to Cikarang - public transport options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:19