We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

HI,

I'm spending 8 days for my honeymoon in Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta. Thinking of taking the train to get in and out of these cities. As I am on a budget and like to be flexible, can I get the train tickets when I am there or is it wise to book or purchase them before I travel?

Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Hey there,,

in your ANOTHER thread you said <<I am having my honeymoon in Bandung & Yogyakarta >>

tripadvisor.com/…55850427

Now you decided to add JKT as well, why so sudden change of plans???? And honestly - your itinerary is alredy overcomplicated!!! Without JKT???!

Your best solution to book separate one way tickets : SIN-BDO and YOG-SIN. Travel by train between BDG and YOG and skip JKT. Otherwise it would be not a honeymoon but a complete hassle together with bubur in your head instead of fond memories.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Good advice above. JKT-BDG-JOG by train in 8 days for honeymoon is a lot of hassles. I think quality time is more important than quantity cities in your case.

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Hi,

Yes, most of the plan is going to be in Bandung & Yogya.

But I fly in to Jakarta from Singapore and then immediately head to Bandung. Flying back to Singapore from Jakarta as well. We wont be spending any time in Jakarta except to just fly in and out.

Yeah I do admit the planning is quite crazy but we've got return tickets to Jakarta but dont really want to spend our time there. And 8 days in Bandung is just too long so Im just piecing in the in between travel like buses, trains etc...and just fit in a bit of touring....

We are not that romantic...I think we are just as happy to get to travel haha!

Edited: 05 February 2014, 13:23
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Juzaila,

If you already booked return tickets to/ from CGK. I suggest to plan your activity in BDG and JKT and forget about YOG. JKT has lost to offer in shopping, restaurant, nigh-life etc - really it`s not boring as you may think to spend 2-3 days in the capital!.

If you have 8 days, in reality - it`s 6 ( day of arrival, day of departure), you can spread your time evenly between the cities or allocate 4 days for BDG.........just my 2 cents.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

if you have 8 days here, you arrive at jakarta, right ? then go to bandung by train. at 3rd or 4th day, go to yogyakarta by train. at 7th day, return to jakarta either by plane or train. it is better than spend 8 days in jakarta and bandung only.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

You should have said start and end in Jakarta straight from the beginning of your query and flights already booked. :=D

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Theres no wrong ur iten.its perfect.stay Jakarta at least 2nites n possible to day visit to /for Romantic Puncak Hill.stay at Tune Hotel Pasar Baru or homestay at Wahid Hasyim for better connection to city.but its not better than Singapore.in the end u r in honeymoon.

fr both hotel,very near to Station Gambir,buy immediate Argo Train to Bandung fir 2hrs travel passing great nature n villages.

once arrive Bandung,walk for less 1km to Unique Guesthouse for rp150k complete room wt bfast.located jalan ence azis.the owner will arrange ur visit to Tangkuban Prahu.u may stay two nites.

finally Bandung to Yogya,stop at Tugu Station.walking distances to various motel.but city is crowded.choose condong catur area fir more peace.recommend Andelis Homestay where culinary heaven side by side cheap n delicious.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

<<Yeah I do admit the planning is quite crazy but we've got return tickets to Jakarta but dont really want to spend our time there.>>

If it's for a honeymoon, then seeing what you've planned, it will be just a regular backpacking trip. Since you are planning to take train on most of the journeys, expect to spend majority of your time to hit the road

P.S. Intending to take train from Jakarta to Bandung straight after you arrive at Jakarta will be a waste of time as the airport and the train station is not well linked. Instead, take the shuttle service.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Second to Cirque's advice. When you arrive at Jakarta, go directly by shuttle service to Bandung. Stay in Bandung around 2-3 days, then to Yogya by train & stay for 3 days. Day 7 back to Jkt, day 8 back to SIN.

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train Travel Jakarta Bandung Yogyakarta

Hey thanks for all the heads up.

Yes when I touch down from Jakarta I will take a bus straight to Bandung and stay there for 2 nights before taking a night train to Yogya and stay there for another 2 nights and come back on the night train to Bandung or head straight to Jakarta.

Maybe I'm using the honeymoon term loosely here but ya its kinda like a backpacking trip between 2 to 3 states.

Which is why I like to clarify, can I get my train tickets when Im there so that I can be more flexible in my travels? Or is it better to just get all the train tickets booked now?