We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

I will be staying at Mega Matra Hotel located on ,Jl. Matraman Raya No. 115, Jakarta Timur 13140.

On checking the website of airport buses, i don't find buses that go directly to this hotel or near to the hotel.

I arrive SGK Jakarta airport from Singapore by Lion Air which has not mentioned arrival terminal No.in my ticket.

Can you please suggest me how to reach this hotel from airport by bus.? If taxi is the last option, any idea how much will it cost?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

welcomeindia,

PLEASE keep all questions related to ONE travel within the frame of ONE topic....ok?

BUT you seem to be deliberately scattering your topics across the forum. THIS way we can simply stop answering you, you know!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

As a local, it's an easiest question for me lol! :D

For the best price, you can ride a bus named Damri (don't worry, it's the most reliable bus in Indonesia, it takes you to/from airports/ports to major cities' stations/terminals. My brother and uncle used to ride this bus from/to Soekarno Hatta Airport). Well, i forget for its price, but i think not more than Rp.50,000. Take a Damri bus which take you to Gambir Station (Stasiun Gambir in Indonesian language, it's located in central Jakarta, the most strategic part of Jakarta, behind Monas). After that, from Gambir station you can take a taxi (the most reliable is Blue Bird or Pusaka, if not take Express taxi. All taxi in Jakarta use argometer, so let the argometer is on! if you take a bargain with drivers sometimes they will give high prices for you), just tell the driver to take you to Mega Matra Hotel in Jalan Matraman Raya. The hotel is on the left side of the road, before ATM BNI, Santo Yoseph Church, and Marsudirini (a name of catholic school). Don't forget to give a driver Rp.5,000 if you feel comfortable with him, lol :p

Beware with prostitutes who sometimes standby in hotel's lobby, i ever heard about that rumor from my friend. Welcome to Jakarta :D

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

<<Beware with prostitutes who sometimes standby in hotel's lobby, i ever heard about that rumor from my friend. Welcome to Jakarta>>

Wonderful *welcome*....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

Lion Air flight from Singapore will land at Terminal 2.

From there, you can catch DAMRI bus to the city (choose one that goes to GAMBIR). From Gambir, you can take taxi to the hotel. This is not the fastest, but cnsiderably cheap. If you want the fastest connection, nothing can beat the taxi.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

<<Don't forget to give a driver Rp.5,000 if you feel comfortable with him, lol :p>>

Tipping is not compulsory. Normally, just rounded up the taxi meter to the nearest 1,000 denominations. E.g. If your meter fare reads IDR32,300 it's okay to pay the driver IDR33,000 or IDR35,000 in exact change. Sometimes taxi driver does not carry small change.

<<Beware with prostitutes who sometimes standby in hotel's lobby,>>

The hotel of choice is not the "cleanest" out there in Jakarta. Just keep yourself aware of this fact.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

Thank you so much to every one of you for your clear replies.

@Schonefeld

"""PLEASE keep all questions related to ONE travel within the frame of ONE topic....ok"" I find this statement of yours often in this forum.

Not clear to me, could you please explain in detail, if possible, with an example.?Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

welcomeindia, hi

<<PLEASE keep all questions related to ONE travel within the frame of ONE topic....ok"" I find this statement of yours often in this forum.>>

EXPLANATION: We kindly ask ALL forum users to post all question related to One travel in one topic instead of scattering them across the forum. It`s easier for us to answer having the whole picture of your travel peculiarities in front of our eyes. You already created THREE topics..... for no use obviously.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

You can also take DAMRI bus to Rawamangun and take taxi to your hotel.

9. Re: from CGK airport to Matraman Raya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:21