We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JKT to Bali terminal help

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
785 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
JKT to Bali terminal help

Hi

Need some advice

1) What terminal should I go to to fly Air Asia from JKT to Bali?

2) My flight is on a Sat morn at 9am. Am staying at Thamrin. Is it very far? How fast shld I leave my hotel? Will there be a jam?

Thanks everyone

Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

1) terminal 3 which is a bit separate from other terminal (1 &2).

2) sat morning..hmmm traffic quite good at that moment. From Thamrin will take 1 hour approximately. But better be earlier than too late right? Since the trafic is almost unpredictable in jakarta :) it will be good if you do the checkout at 6.30 am.

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

Hi...

Considering the traffic uncertainties,

Considering the school holiday season has been started,

I suggest you already in your cab at 6:30.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 09:01
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

I agree. Latest 6.30am in taxi to Terminal 3. If raining, go earlier. Do online check in also.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
785 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

Wow..6.30 am.

I can be at the airport 1 hour before my flight right? To check in. Or are they strict abt being 2 hours before flight?

Thanks people.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

It is the unpredictable traffic congestion that is the problem. Maybe on Sat early morning it take less than 1 hour from Thamrin City to JKT airport by taxi but up to you if you want to risk it.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

its an internal flight. check in 1 hour before flight time is enough. Actually they have let me gone through with even 15 mins to spare but of cos I would not recommend u taking this risk!

Edited: 13 June 2014, 05:47
jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

Hi Winston. 15 minutes before departure on Airasia is ok for boarding? What time you recommend leaving Thamrin City then to get to airport 1 hour before flight time? :-D

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

I am not suggesting that it is ok to check in 15 mins before flight time. I would still say target to reach and check in 1 hour before departure time. Hence latest he should get into a taxi at Thamrin is probably 7am.

Anyway I just mentioned about the 15 mins thing because usually domestic flights are more flexible whereas International flight closes 45 mins before departure time on the dot.

Anyway, AIrasia could have a different policy so as I mentioned in my earlier post "its an internal flight. check in 1 hour before flight time is enough..... but of cos I would not recommend u taking this risk!"

9. Re: JKT to Bali terminal help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16