We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kalideres station

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
kalideres station

Good afternoon,

i need to take a bus from Kalideres station on 29 July of this year,but i will arrive in Jakarta only in the late evening of 28 July.

Where could i sleep?I need a place not too far from the airport and possibly near to the bus station!

Thank you so much

Francesca

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kalideres station

francesca f, hi

On 29Th of July you`ll NOT go anywhere in Java as it`s Idul Fitri. your found absolutely DRAMATIC dates for travel to Indonesia.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 17:39
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kalideres station

<<Where could i sleep?I>>

For hotel recommendation, please state your budget/ room/ night????

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kalideres station

As Schonefeld said, you pick the wrong date to visit Jakarta. 29 July is Idul Fitri holiday where more than half of Jakarta's population are going back to their hometown (including me, LOL). It will be very hard to find a bus and you have to literally fight to get into the bus. It's better to change the date if possible.

Another thing is, Kalideres bus terminal is not safe at all. My maid was drugged, robbed and then abandoned on the street when she took the bus from that bus terminal. Maybe you can tell us your destination and we can tell you the best way go to there.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kalideres station

<<Kalideres bus terminal is not safe at all.>>

Especially for foreign girls, i have to admit!..................

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kalideres station

Hi...

Actually, the government just announced that the beginning of Ramadhan is June 27, which means the Idul Fitri is July 27.

By July 29, the rush will be over. I think you can find the bus from Kalideres easily.

But, I agree with the others....Kalideres is never safe for foreign girl.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kalideres station

Hello,

thank you very much for your answers...unfortunately i can't change my date of arrival in Jakarta...

I read that Idul Fitri was on 27 July so i wasn't so worried about it...i didn't think there could be rush until 29...

Anyway,i won't be alone in this travel.There will be my boyfriend with me.

Our idea was to travel on the 29 of July to go to Tamanjaya and then organize a trekking in the Ujung Kulon park.

What do you think about this idea?

Our plan was to go by bus to Labuan in the morning and then to take another bus from Labuan to go to Tamanjaya.According to Lonely Planet guide,the other possibility was to go to Labuan and then to take an angkot to Sumur.From Sumur i read that it's possible to go to Tamanjaya using an ojek.

Is that true ?Is that possible?

Please tell me if you know another way to go to Tamanjaya...!!!

For the hotel,i'd like to stay in a double room with private bath,and i have a budget from 30 to 65 euros for a night.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kalideres station

The rush will still happen even after Idul Fitri, although not as bad as before Idul Fitri. If you want to go by bus, I suggest that you go from Kebon Nanas, Tangerang. There is a bus stop in Kebon Nanas, Tangerang which is safer than Kalideres bus terminal.

You can stay overnight in a hotel in Alam Sutera such as Mercure Serpong Alam Sutera or Best Western Serpong (both around USD 70) and then take a taxi to the bus stop in Kebon Nanas. From Kebon Nanas, take a bus to Labuhan and then take a minibus to Tamanjaya.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: kalideres station

Thank you radjaff,

i just don't know where is Tangerang..

Is that a town?

I also don't know where are Alam Sutera and Kebon Nanas...may you help me?What should i tell to the taxi driver when i go out from the airport?Thank you...

9. Re: kalideres station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 10:05
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kalideres station

Tangerang is a city west of Jakarta. Actually the Soekarno Hatta airport itself is located in Tangerang. You should check Google Maps, it's quite easy to find & do some orientation. Kebon Nanas and Alam Sutera is part of Tangerang. When you get out of the airport, take Blue Bird taxi and just tell the attendant your hotel name & location.