We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to leave luggage in Jakarta Airport.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Place to leave luggage in Jakarta Airport.

Hi, I will be traveling to Jakarta from Yogyakarta on July 23, 2014 through Air Asia. My flight will arrive at Jakarta airport at 2:00 pm. My connecting flight to the Philippines is at 12 midnight. I have approximately 8 hours to spare in Jakarta and I am planning to roam around the city while waiting. Is there a place in the airport where I can leave my luggage, so I do not have to bring it while roaming around Jakarta. My initial plan was to book a hotel, however, I find it impractical since I have only 8 hours in Jakarta.

Thank you very much.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to leave luggage in Jakarta Airport.

Hello, Patrick T

There are left luggage facilities at Jakarta International Airport ( Ter. 2D), but the facility is pretty basic.However, I do not recommend to leave valuables for storage (including valuable electronics & gadgets, important letters, etc).

http://www.fesindo.com/enter/lb2.php

IMO, booking a hotel for 8 hours is a wise idea..... CGK has a decent range of hotel that provide free shuttle. With arrival at 2 pm, ( if you prefer tp roam in the city center) you`ll probably face/ enjoy the best authentic traffic jam in JKT especially in Ramadan when drivers are * tidak di focus*.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to leave luggage in Jakarta Airport.

If that is the case, I think it will be wiser to book a hotel near the airport instead and rest while waiting. Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to leave luggage in Jakarta Airport.

you are very welcome....

4. Re: Place to leave luggage in Jakarta Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17