We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

Hi guys, will be going to Jakarta this month. Will arrive at Soekarno Hatta airport at midnight and I read that DAMRI buses/vans only operate until 11 pm? Will a taxi to Thamrin be expensive and should I stay nearby the airport and travel to the city via bus the next day?

Also, is Thamrin a good area to stay and for shopping? Thank you!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

If you are coming from the Philippines, your only choice is taxi.

Taxi is available 24/7, and they do not have midnight surcharge or any other surcharge, just pay whatever is displayed on the meter plus any toll charges (if any) Thamrin is pretty good area in the city center to stay

Quezon City...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

Thank you for your input Cirque! :-) Is Thamrin near ITC Mangga Dua and Ambassador Mall?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

I think ITC Fatamawati is closer to Thamrin, about 10km, than Mangga Dua ITC. Or they maybe close, but least you have a choice.....

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

There is also ITC Kuningan next to Ambassador Mall.

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

Hi Raineypop...

Taxi from airport to hotel in Thamrin is under Rp200k.

Depending where on Thamrin, Ambassador Mall is not far, but I think you need Taxi to get there.

ITC Mangga Dua is pretty far. Use Busway to travel due North until the last stop, then use "Microlet" to travel the last 1km to ITC Mangga Dua.

IMO, visiting ITC Mangga Dua is way more rewarding than other shopping places. There are always somethings to buy there (unless you are looking for high-end branded items).

6. Re: Cheapest, fastest way to get to Thamrin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16