We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Hi all,

I intend to take executive train from Gambir to Bandung sometimes in September 2014.

If I could not get the train ticket according to the time that I want, is there any other travel companies operating at Gambir to Bandung? This is just to make my travel easier. Thank you for your replies.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

rahim_1881, hi and welcome to TA forums!

1/ A train system links most main cities in Java, including Jakarta and Surabaya via several different routes. Bookings are computerised, and can be made up to 30 days in advance. Indonesian trains run on narrow-gauge 3' 6" tracks, and are usually reasonably punctual ( please READ : late)

Option 1 :Train operator in Indonesia: PT Kereta Api - website www.kereta-api.co.id which introduced online booking in summer 2012. However, it's only available in Indonesian, and since 2013 reportedly rejects most if not all non-Indonesian credit cards.

Option 2: www.tiket.com - overseas credit cards accepted! www.tiket.com is a private agency which connects to the Indonesian Railways system to sell train tickets online. It's available in English, language selector top right. www.tiket.com charges a small 'convenience fee' of around 13,000 rupiah (£1 or $1.50). As with the Indonesian Railways site, booking opens 90 days ahead (until 2014 it was only 30 days) and tickets can be bought online until 2 days before the date of travel. At the end of the booking you get an online confirmation which must be exchanged for an actual ticket at the station at least 1 hour before departure. One traveller reports: "To collect the ticket was as easy as going up to a computer kiosk at the entrance, keying in the reference number and out came 2 tickets off the paper roller printer. I did this the day before travel. No ID required." www.tiket.com accepts some if not all UK and other non-Indonesian credit cards - further feedback is always welcome. If you see different prices for the same train & class, these are simply different pricing levels, just choose the cheapest available.

2/ several shuttle bus companies in JKT operate a direct bus ( mini bus) service to BDG via toll road from various location in JKT city including CGK airport. Travel time about 2-3 hours ( faster than train), fare 90-120k IDR/ person. Companies: Chipaganti, X-trans, Day Trans, City Trans etc

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

you can use shuttle (car / bus) from jakarta (they have several point) to bandung (also several destination).

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Dear Cakur

Thank you for your suggestion.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Dear Schonefeld

Thank you very much for your detail explanation. This would help me a lot.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

rahim_1881,

you are most welcome... HAPPY planning!

belgium
Level Contributor
153 posts
773 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

I have also recently booked jakarta to bandung train tickets via www.tiket.com, it seems like a very reliable site, and most importantly, foreign credit cards are accepted...also great for domestic flights n hotels

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Dear belgianguy1

Thank you very much. This will be handy and easier for me.

Hopefully this is reliable and no unnecessary disappointment.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

If you miss the train and want to take shuttle car, take a taxi and go to XTrans office in Jalan Blora. It's around 15-30 minutes from the train station.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Dear Radjaff

Thank you very much for your input.

With all the infos given by friends on TA forum will definitely make my travel handy.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Bandung from Gambir station

Are all the Subclass A, H, I, J of Executive class the same? And what makes certain Subclasses different thou it is still considered Executive? Just wondering as I'm travelling from Jakarta to Bandung next month>