We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone travelled with a rabbit from Singapore to Jakarta

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Has anyone travelled with a rabbit from Singapore to Jakarta

Hello,

I have a 6 months old rabbit

and I'm leaving Singapore end of this month, and will live in Jakarta.

but then there are no airlines that accept rabbits in cabin or cargo.

Does anyone know an airline that accepts rabbit ? ?

I checked with

- Garuda Indonesia

- Singapore airline

- Silk air

- Tiger airways

- Lion air

- Lufthansa

- Jet Star

- Air Asia

- Air France

and none of them accept rabbits when several of them accept dogs and cats,,

I checked with a few pet travel agencies, but most of them don't do rabbits,

and some that accept rabbits cost more than SGD1000..

gosh I really don't wanna give up my rabbit but the whole situation is really, really bad.

:(

Edited: 06 August 2014, 13:18
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone travelled with a rabbit from Singapore to Jakarta

<<but then there are no airlines that accept rabbits in cabin or cargo.>>

1/ first of all, are you asking about relocation matter? With permanent stay in JKT with your pet? or you just want to travel here and return home to SIN - short stay? If you’re going to be traveling for an extended period or if you’re moving, you’ll certainly want to travel with your rabbit, even if it’s by plane. However, if you’re only going away for a few days or a week, consider whether you really should bring your rabbit with you and subject her to the stress of airline travel.

2/ the most stressful aspect of flying with a rabbit is finding an airline that will let you bring one aboard. Some airlines won't accept any pets. A very few will permit rabbits in the cabin. Some allow other animals in the cabin, but rabbits must ride in cargo.

3/ here is a video that confirms that rabbit do travel by plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEhJrjWNVs

4/ I know FOR SURE from personal experience that Thai air and Lufthansa allow small pets in the cabin, yet i admit i never traveled with bunny. Probably you have to call them once again and enplain that you HAVE a bunny, not wild rabbit, this is 100% pet, nothing wild etc.

5/ second headache is vaccination, international travel papers, quarantine and pet ticket ( usually equal the child ticket but without place to seat). Consult your veterinarian how to arrange all papers properly.

2. Re: Has anyone travelled with a rabbit from Singapore to Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17