We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

2 posts
Save Topic
Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

Hi !

I'll be in Jakarta for 5 days and I am wondering which telecommunication providers give the best pre-paid data plan SIM for a smartphone (iPhone). Do I buy them from CGK airport or should I go to the city and buy there ? (i'm staying around Thamrin area). Do they also provide the sim cutting service for iPhone 5 ?

Thanks and have a nice day to all.

Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

Hi...

Go to Ambassador Mall. Not too far from Thamrin by taxi. You can buy and cut your sim card there.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

Thanks for the info. Which provider should I go for ?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

Choose Telkomsel or XL Axiata. Thamrin City mall is closer than Ambassador Mall to get the sim card. The shop will cut the SIM card for you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,405 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

<<Thamrin City mall is closer than Ambassador Mall to get the sim card. The shop will cut the SIM card for you.>>

YES, that`s the right place to look for the sim.

telkomsel.com/product/kartuhalo/9004-Paket--…

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
44 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

don't buy SIM from CGK airport, they are expensive over there.

you can get SIM at most "mall's" just go to any "7 eleven kiosk" they most likely to have those SIM ready. and they will help you to activate the SIM and you can get the reload easy.

yes Telkomsel and XL are reliable for their 3G/4G. better than others.

Have fun

6. Re: Data Plan for Smartphone in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:16