We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JAKARTA - weekend day trip to Bogor / Taman Safari ....

sydney australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
JAKARTA - weekend day trip to Bogor / Taman Safari ....

I have a weekend in Jakarta coming up and would like to do a day trip to Bogor/Puncak Pass/Taman Safari. As we are staying in JKT thought in best to post in the Jakarta forum, rather than the Bogor forum.

I know the weekend traffic will be bad - is Saturday marginally better than Sunday ?

Although as we arrive late Friday night - I feel I need to book this is in advance ?

Would this be a cheaper option and than booking thru the hotel ?

Can any recommend a reliable firm/website for this trip, and how much should I expect to pay (for two) ?

Reading the various posts, I understand will have to pay for the driver's entry to Taman Safari !

Thanks so much for any tips, Cheers Matt

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,888 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JAKARTA - weekend day trip to Bogor / Taman Safari ....

downundermatt, hello and welcome to TA FORUMS!

1/ indeed JKT forum is the right place to ask about Taman SAFARI visit.

2/ <<is Saturday marginally better than Sunday ?>>

No, both Sunday and Saturday are BAD. The situation is worsened by the fact that the road at the area is closed in one direction during a weekend. I personally visited T. Safari two days ago ( Wednesday), and i can report first hand that the park is packed with visitors (especially from middle east) even at weekday, the traffic jams are ON in the area, and i`m scared to imagine how it all looks like on weekend. My BIGGEST concern is the day of travel.......Any chance to do it on weekday instead?

3/ << will have to pay for the driver's entry to Taman Safari !>>

YES, foreign visotr - 250k IDR, local visitor - 140 k IDR, vehicle - 15k IDR

4/ <<Can any recommend a reliable firm/website for this trip, and how much should I expect to pay (for two) ?>>

## you can book a car+driver rental without organized tour.

## the list of authorized travel agents ( approved by the ministry of tourism) is here:

indonesia.travel/en/…findtravel

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
44 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JAKARTA - weekend day trip to Bogor / Taman Safari ....

Hello ^^

going to Bogor/Puncak Pass/Taman Safari will be not recommended on Weekends, just like Schonefeld said

the trip for reaching there will be really tiring, and really it doesnt worth it.. especially u want to do a day trip.

but there is another way to reach your destination...

it is to rent a car with chauffeur then depart from Jakarta in a Very Early morning (3-4am) i think you can reach Puncak Pass within 1 hour plus. then you will arrive at Puncak Pass around 5-6am you can enjoy the sunrise :) then take a breakfast on top the Puncak at Rindu alam Restaurant with a sunrise (sounds good) or any restaurant you prefers :p after that you can go to Taman Safari, then on your way back you can stop by Bogor (not sure what u want to do here) because nothing is interesting here else than the public park..

anyway, that is the best suggestion for you.

oh for the Car for hire with driver, try arrange it with the hotel, or you can go and check it out here

The Golden Bird (you can rent an Toyota Avanza or Innova)

bluebirdgroup.com/passenger-transportation/l…

best of luck :)

3. Re: JAKARTA - weekend day trip to Bogor / Taman Safari ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16