We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dieng Plataue after Borobudur ?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dieng Plataue after Borobudur ?

The Borobudur is of course great to visit , i will be staying close to the Borobudur , the region around the Borobudur is it worth to stay for a few days more , are the rice fields to walk around or go by motor or bike ?

How to get from the Borobudur to the Dieng Plataue , how much and how long will it be by taxi ? Any suggestions about accomodation at Dieng Plataue ?

What is the best way to go from Dieng Plataue to Malang , is the train a good option if so which town/station to go to ? Or just go back to Yogya and take the train there ?

Thx Bill

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dieng Plataue after Borobudur ?

hello,,

near borobudur you can find the homestay maybe, just the travel agent asking me. and than you cant find taxi in borobudur, because taxi only in downtown. so you must rent a car. or book the package tour . from dieng to malang you must back to yogyakarta and after that you can use train or bus. or you can use privated mini van that you can book in local travel agent. i have messages you

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dieng Plataue after Borobudur ?

Hi Jiskefet,

There are no trains coming anywhere near Dieng Plateau, because this is mountainous terrain.

As Aziz says, the most comfortable way to see Borobudur and Dieng, is to book a tour at an agent in Yogya (cheaper if you join up with others), or to hire a car with driver. If you are adventurous you can try to go by bus, via Magelang and Wonosobo.

In Dieng village there is only basic, homestay-style accommodation. If you want more comfort, you can choose a hotel in Wonosobo, 26 km downhill from Dieng.

If you want to go to Malang after Dieng, you should return to Yogya first. As far as I remember, there is one night train daily from Yogya to Malang. As aziz said, you can also take an intercity bus or a minivan from Yogya - inquire at a travel agent.

Theo

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dieng Plataue after Borobudur ?

Hello,

From Yogya karta it takes you 4-5 hours to get to Dieng plateua, denpends on the traffic jam. There is no train, best is to hire a driver.

Good luck.

4. Re: Dieng Plataue after Borobudur ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 10:16