We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

My flight with AirAsia is scheduled to arrive at the Soekarno Hatta Airport (Jakarta) at 23.35'. And I'll have to catch another flight with AirAsia to Yogyakarta at 6 in the next morning. So, I want to know whether I can spend these 4 or 5 waiting hours in the airport (in the waiting hall ?) or I'll have to get out of the airport and come back for my Yogyakarta flight?

If yes, are there any facilities (restaurants, coffee bars, bookshop...) still open during the night? Thanks for your help.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

Hi there, please be aware that you will need to transfer terminal in between your flights. AirAsia international flights depart/arrive from Terminal 2E, while AirAsia domestic flights depart/arrive from Terminal 3. There is a free shuttle buses run between all terminals.

Jakarta airport is pretty deserted past midnight. The last flight out is around 1AM while the morning flight will begin around 5AM. You can hang around at some fast food counters and restaurants (e.g. McDonald's), but if you find it boring, you can opt to stay at airport hotel. AirAsia check-in will open 2 hours prior to departure time.

There is one airport hotel located in Terminal 2, but it's pretty expensive. USD70 for 6 hours in standard room. http://www.jakartaairporthotel.com/index.asp

But, there are better choice of airport hotels which are located just outside the airport complex.

1. FM7 resort hotel http://www.fm7hotel.com/ doubles from Rp549,000 inclusive of breakfast and free transfers (both ways).

2. Amaris Hotel Bandara Soekarno Hatta http://www.santika.com/amaris_bandara.php doubles from around Rp400,000 (you can take taxi to/from airport, 5-10mins away to the terminals)

P.S. Alternatively, if you haven't have confirmed ticket, you can highly consider rerouting yourself through Singapore or Kuala Lumpur (AirAsia has daily non-stop flight to Yogyakarta from both cities). You will have more comfortable transit experience in both cities compare to Jakarta. Both AirAsia flight from Kuala Lumpur or Singapore to Yogyakarta are before noon.

Edited: 16 May 2010, 16:04
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful informations.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

One more detail I would like to know : Do free shuttle buses still run between all terminals of Soekarno Hatto Airport AFTER MIDNIGHT ? Thanks.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

It will be very infrequent or none at all. no official operational hour, but from my observation, past 11pm, all looked deserted. You can catch a taxi to get to terminal 3 (remember, although all are metered, but take only the reputable one such as Blue Bird Group or Express Taxi - look at the name on the windscreen). Although the two terminals (T2 and T3) are quite near to each other, but it has no sidewalk and walking is pretty dangerous (because it's dark, minimal lighting available).

5. Re: Waiting at Jakarta airport for flight to Yogyakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 06:38
Get answers to your questions about Yogyakarta