We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo to Jogja by taxi

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Solo to Jogja by taxi

Hi

Am planning to visit Jogja soon, and I am considering coming in via Solo airport (Silkair flight from Changi airport).

Is it easy to get transport from Solo to Jogja (and back a few days later to catch the return flight)? And if so how much would the cost be?

The reason for this is that from Singapore to Jogja I have 2 options - Garuda via Jakarta or Air Asia direct. But Air Asia departure from Jogja is at 7.25 am and I'd rather not have such an early flight if I can help it.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

If you think the price of the taxi will justify your preferred flight schedule, then you can always take the option... It's easy to get a taxi to commute between these 2 cities, you can buy the taxi coupon at the airport. I don't have info on current taxi fare unfortunately...

Singapore
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

Thanks Cirque. Would you happen to know the approximate travel time by taxi?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

Approx 1 hour drive... Just like from Singapore to JB minus the immigration... :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

Meaning high chance of traffic jams? Or slow moving traffic?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

no traffic jam normally, the thing is that you will be passing a normal main road; not highway...

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

What are Indonesian taxi drivers like? Can they be trusted? I will be travelling solo in April, and while I have great experiences of taking taxis alone in Singapore, I think Indonesians are an unknown quantity to me.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

In general taxi drivers here can be trusted.

Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
17 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

If your on a tight budget then Yogya and Solo are also connected by the Prambanan Ekspres

These trains runs 6-7 times a day and is actually quiker than driving (45min). It starts on the Yogya/ and airport side of Solo and ends in the centre of Yogya, just off Jl Maliboro

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

What is the name of the train station at Solo and the one which we will reach at Yogya? Is it convinient for us the traveller with the medium size luggage ( 20"). How much the fare?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo to Jogja by taxi

In Solo you can start at Solo Balapan Station, while in Yogya it's Tugu Station.

Get answers to your questions about Yogyakarta