We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

I am trying to get from Denpasar, Bali to Yogyakarta and back. Is there any airline that would take us and that we can purchase tickets online from the United States?

It is becoming a chore!!! Feedback appreciated.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

You can book online from AirAsia www.airasia.com

This is a low-cost-carrier, so everything is priced separately.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Garuda is great - you may be able to book on line

www.Garuda-indonesia.com if not there are travel agents we can refer you to in Indonesia who will book this for you - and who are trustworthy

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Hi and thanks Cirque and Our001,

My husband and I have tried to book with both Air Asia and Garuda, with NO luck!!!! It seems impossible to do it online. In 2008, we booked several flights in Thailand but in 2010 we tried to book a flight to Yangoon, Myanmar, and had to book through Dragonfly. This time, it has been impossible. We would appreciate names and contact information of any travel agents, like you mentioned, that are reliable and trustworthy and can book these flights for us.

Many, many thanks to you both.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 00:56
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

additional info:

for Garuda, if you buy via travel agents they are most likely more expensive than online booking (because the airline don't pay fee).

tips:

if you have more time the inland tour, from Yogya - Bali is also interesting, passing Bromo Mountain & stuff

Q: no luck means you cant do it or are they full?

san francisco
Level Contributor
110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

I, too, tried to book flights on Garuda from the U.S. unsuccessfully, very frustrating and time consuming to boot. I then contacted www.indonesiamatters.com. (found them on TA) They are a small travel agency specializing in exactly this situation. The agent was named Chris and he answered all emails and questions/concerns promptly. He will book your flights for you at a small fee (20-30USD) per ticket. It worked for me and he also keeps you updated if your flight times change. Good luck

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Try Lion Air (http://lionair.co.id/Default.aspx). Their website accepts credit card from several countries and it doesn't work for another countries (mostly europe). I don't know for cc from United States.

If the credit card problem is persistent, try to contact a local agent who accepts overseas payment (mostly through Paypal / Moneybookers).

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,793 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Air Asia does accept online credit card bookings, but sometimes you get a glitch. Here in Bali I booked 5 legs of a 6 leg trip and couldn't get one of the middle legs done by credit card. So I had a friend in the US use her credit cards and it went thru no problem.

You just have to keep trying....

Also a $20 or $30 dollars fee for a travel agent booking is outrageous...it's almost the cost of an entire flight between Bali and Yogja...

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,793 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

BTW Air Asia also takes debit cards.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information. Now, I don't feel alone. We have tried both credit card and debit card and either Garuda, Air Asia nor Lion Air will accept them.

We bank with Chase and it is not stated for the transactions. They have several banks listed but none from the US.

I will try to contact a travel agent and hopefully I will get my tickets. If anyone comes up with any ideas, please let me know.

Regards!!!!!

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Denpasar to Yogyakarta and Yogya to Denpasar?

Yes, we are also spending time in Bali!!!! Thanks for the recommendation.

We will be spending 2 months in Asia ( Philippines, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, and Indonesia).