We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

J T
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

A travel agent quoted me IRD2,800,000 for 4 pax for a car with driver from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo. Do you think the quotation is reasonable? since it is a long way, I want to know on the way is there any attraction or scenic spots worth a stop or visit? If I depart from Amanjiwo at noon, what time I can arrive in a hotel at Mt Bromo?

Or is it better to fly to Surabaya first?

Mentioned in this post
Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta
Java, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
858 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

(1) The price is way too much. I think they charge you that amount because they know you stay at the Amanjiwo. If you go to a travel agent near Tugu Train Station / Sosrowijayan street I think you pay less than one million.

(2) If you start at noon you won't have much time for sightseeing. You arrive at Cemoro Lawang by 10pm. Flying to Surabaya may save some time, but not much, and for 4 pax will cost more.

(3) If you can spare more time, there is much to see on the way. The fastest route goes via Ngawi and Mojokerto. Then you pass by Trowulan: members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/125f1d/

A more scenic route leads via Wonogiri, Ponorogo, Blitar and Malang. You could stay over at Blitar: members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/12a6f9/

or Malang: members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/1285cc/

and do some sightseeing there.

An alternative is to rent your car from Yogya to Malang only. Then in Malang rent a 4WD to approach Bromo from the south: members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1fd974/

Happy travels!

Theo

Mentioned in this post
Amanjiwo
Amanjiwo
101 Reviews
Borobudur, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Malang
Malang
East Java, Indonesia
Malang, Indonesia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

the quotation is very expensive, and i assumsed, the cost is unreasonable. according to my opinion, it would be around Rp 1,500,000 for driver + petrol + car, 1 day trip without overnight. scenic spot to visit? suggest you to through the Mt Lawu road, you will find strawberry plantation & Grojogan Sewu Plantation in Tawangmangu, Sarangan Lake in Magetan, and Sukuh Temple + Cetho Temple + Kemuning Tea Plantation + Jumbok Waterfall in Karanganyar region. Then driving to Batu Village, you will find Coban Rondo Waterfall, Pick Apple Tour at Sumber Brantas Plantation, Paragliding (aero sport), Singosari Temple. For each place, i suggest you to stay 1 nite. Finally, driving Batu Village to Cemoro Lawang (Bromo area) in around 3-4 hours .... thank you (wawan - Bromo area)

Mentioned in this post
Grojogan Sewu
Grojogan Sewu
124 Reviews
Solo, Indonesia
Batu
Batu
East Java, Indonesia
Coban Rondo Waterfall
Coban Rondo Waterfall
203 Reviews
Malang, Indonesia
Singosari Temple
Singosari Temple
100 Reviews
Malang, Indonesia
3. Re: The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 14:37
4. Re: The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 11:07
5. Re: The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 15:35
6. Re: The way from Yogyakarta to Mt Bromo

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:15