We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

I am going with a group of photographers. Not sure how big is the site for borobudur & Prambanan.

If I plan for at least 4 - 5 hours for each site, anyone think is too long ?

Jogjakarta
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Hi, Edward,

I thing that is not too long for some photografers.

You can make details pictures for every step at Borobudur. The relieve are nice object for photografers

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Borobudur is one big object, the Prambanan Heritage Site contains many smaller ones. See: members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/12745d/

So on the face of it I would say: reserve more time for Prambanan.

As photographers you my want the best light: early morning or late afternoon.

Theo

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

I would say allow 4 or 5 hours for Borobodur and a couple of hours maybe 3 at the most for Prambanan.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Is the area around the Borobudur nice to explore by foot/bike or motor ? Are there many paddy fields ?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Within Borobudur complex, there is no paddy field, just a vast green field. You can explore on foot if you wish, but under direct hot sun, bring some protection (i.e. hat or umbrella).

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Hi edward.

i think 4 hours its enough for 1 site. and you must calculated the time from borobudur to prambanan. or if you want to see the sunset you can go to boko temple. or sunrise in borobudur. but some travel agent offering you with the expensive price. you can PM me for the cheap travel agent that i use on august.

hi jiskefet

near borobudur you cant find the paddys fields, if you want to see the you can find 3km from borobudur. or you can see near prambanan temples.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

Ok thx

8. Re: How much time for visit each site - borobudur & Prambanan ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 06:19