We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Planning to take a train to Jogya from Bandung on the 19 Feb. Will the volcanic ash clears by then or should I just give it a miss?

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
76 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Hi there..

For volcanic ashes, i'm not sure if it's already gone, or Mt. Kelud will still supply it by then..

But if you want to visit Borobudur, it is temporarily closed, until further notice..

Maybe just wait for the next couple of days, and hope it gets better..

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Hi,

Yes I heard Borobudur was closed but not sure if its open by then. I guess we will have to flip a coin for Jogya when we are in Bandung before we decide to head there.

Thanks.

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

have the same question, thought of just post in this topic.

I'm planning to go jogja, surabaya, bayuwangi n bali on starting from 23 of February. Planning to have my journey by train, just want to know whether is it possible to do it due to the eruption~

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

I think it should be ok if you are travelling on 19/02 but don't forget to bring dusk mask and safety glass

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

<<Will the volcanic ash clears by then or should I just give it a miss?>>

Since you are traveling by train, it does not really affected by the volcanic ash.

As of today, condition is improving, but it's best to keep a mask in your bag (currently, all major drug stores and supermarkets are running out of mask).

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Hi. If you come to Jogja for Borobudur temple, I am almost sure it is closed for next 10 days.

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Same to me. Will be going to jogja on 26/2-2/3. Already booked the air ticket and hotel. How's the air quality there so far?

If all the temples are close, is a waste for me as my interest is for Borobodur, Prambanan, Ratu Bako temples and Mt. Merapi lava tour.. :(

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

Hi tingting. Most probably temples open on 27 Feb if Mt.Kelud not give much problem.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

I'm planning our team offsite to Yogyakarta for late April, many people have already booked flights but now they are worried that the volcano will erupt again and have safety and health concerns from the volcanic ash ... are these realistic concerns and should we be looking at another destination??

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yogya on 19 Feb, Yay or Nay?

It's impossible to predict any eruption in late April. I think that's the risk of visiting a country with the highest number of volcanoes in the world. No one can tell you the condition of the volcanoes on the date of your visit.