We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year

lancs england
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Best time of year

I was wondering the best time of year to visit Japan.

I'll be staying in tokyo/kyoto

Thanks

Bethlehem, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year

I just returned from a March 18-March 29 stay and I really enjoyed it. We had some overcast days and one freak day of snow but it was great. Of course a couple of weeks later and it would have been cherry blossoms but it was still amazing.

Many say to go early April but I was travelling on a budget and booked round trip from Newark, NJ at $710. I just couldn't pass it up.

If you have any other questions let me know.

My favorite site was the Great Buddha in Kamakura. It is a day trip from Tokyo and should not be missed. We stayed in Kamakura for a night and enjoyed it tremendously.

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me:

patrick.knowles@consultant.volvo.com

Henderson, NV
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year

The summer months can very uncomfortable, hot and humid, really oppressive, and then there's the rain and typhoons. Winter in Hokkaido or Niigata will be cold and white.

Late winter through Spring and Fall are great, winter in Tokyo is not usually too bad, and the prices for air fares are always a better bargin.

That said, I go any time of year just to be there.

Enjoy

Henderson, NV
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year

The summer months can very uncomfortable, hot and humid, really oppressive, and then there's the rain and typhoons. Winter in Hokkaido or Niigata will be cold and white.

Late winter through Spring and Fall are great, winter in Tokyo is not usually too bad, and the prices for air fares are always a better bargin.

That said, I'd go any time of year just to be there.

Enjoy

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of year

the summer time can be hot, but there are festivals which I loved going to year round. Spring is nice too because of the cherry blossoms. :)