We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto Ryokan : Nasinoki, Matsui or Watazen?

Singapore
Level Contributor
253 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Kyoto Ryokan : Nasinoki, Matsui or Watazen?

Hi,

Though I have been to Kyoto but yet to try a Ryokan stay.

I did some enquiry and found the above-mentioned ryokan are available for my day of stay, all of them seems quite okay in location with respect to Kyoto station as I am arriving from Kansai Airport.

Needed some advice on the choice or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Bernard

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto Ryokan : Nasinoki, Matsui or Watazen?

Though I've never stayed there before, Matsui and Watazen are located in the same district (very convenient for shopping and dining)and they are rather big hotel-type ryokans.

Nashinoki, on the other hand, is located in the college town (near Doshisya University) and a small family-run inn.

If you want to eat out or shop in the evening, one of the 1st two would fit you. If you look for homey atomosphere, Nashinoki would be your choice.

valencia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyoto Ryokan : Nasinoki, Matsui or Watazen?

Hello, we were in Nasinoki 4 days in Spetember, Ms.Tamayoko is a very Friendly woman, (He help us buy entrys for Sumo Tournament in Tokyo via her friends and she have paid in advance for it, !! she were trying via telephone three days finally she have find her own path to find us 4 entrys)!!!;

She let us 4 bycicles, in 10 minutes cycling U will arrive at Gheisas District and riverside, and 5 minutes a subway, in 2 minutes walkin royal palace.

In Ryokan you can find a Japanishe typical bath insede a bathroom, Ryokan is a wood house, the district were its placed is pacefull (traditional houses, near a temple (in the morning U can hear monks playing bells, around ryokan).Hope this will help U,have a nice trip.

susana

3. Re: Kyoto Ryokan : Nasinoki, Matsui or Watazen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 05:32