We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the weather really like???

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
what is the weather really like???

Hello, I am thinking of visiting Japan at the end of August / beginning of September but I am getting really mixed reports on the weather. I live in the UK so heat and sun are essential to my summer holidays. The reports I've seen so far are just confusing me. Can anyone give me an accurate review of the weather. I am probably going to be in Tokyo - Kyoto and thereabouts rather than going up north. Thanks a lot, MHB

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
3,992 reviews
from US$156.80*
Mt. Fuji Day Trip Including Lake Ashi...
899 reviews
from US$129.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
862 reviews
from US$66.40*
3-Day Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Nara Rail...
133 reviews
from US$585.80*
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
634 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the weather really like???

I don't know what reports you are getting, but in August/early September, in Tokyo and Kyoto and thereabouts, it will be extremely hot and humid. The cities will often be hazy. I find it very uncomfortable, myself.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the weather really like???

me too...I'm from the south of England...and lived in Tokyo area for a few years...

horrible! that's my memory...hot, humid...sweaty...lots of air con of course because it's Japan...but outside...hot....and recent years have been stupid hot...

but ykonw up HERE in Hokkaido - great! just like the UK in summer...nice :-))

3. Re: what is the weather really like???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 11:18