We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

I will be in Kyoto and have a flight the next morning at 11:00 from NRT. Through the tour itinerary, I will be arriving in Tokyo by train at around 10:00 at night. Is it better to stay at a hotel in Tokyo and head to the airport in the morning OR should I head out to the airport and stay there overnight? I wasn't sure if it was easier to head straight to the airport since I will already be in the train station. To be honest, I don't even know if it is the same train station.

And before you suggest flying out of KIX, I have tried to find a flight but it is dramatically more expensive and harder to find a flight (flying business class; need to use the companies preferred airlines) - I am staying a couple of extra days after a business meeting to see a bit of Japan.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,415 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

This is the train from Tokyo to Narita - http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/

The 6:30 am train out of Tokyo Station will get you to Narita in time.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

Depends how much you need your sleep. It is simple to continue to Narita when you arrive at Tokyo station, avoiding an early start next day. The only downside is that the airport hotels are dramatically inferior to those in the city but arriving at midnight or so it is not much of a problem.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

Last N'EX from Tokyo to Narita departs at 20:03 and last direct train (JR Sobu-line) from Tokyo to Narita departs st 20:21.

Going to Narita on same day is troublesome on your schedule.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

Thank you everyone. This is really helpful. Seems that I will need to stay in Tokyo. Any recommendations for a hotel right near the train station?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,415 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

http://www.rph.co.jp/english/index.html

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

Thank you all. I searched the forums and made a reservation at Marunouchi Hotel. Good reviews, close by, and since I'm basically just looking for a bed for the night, seemed to be the perfect solution.

7. Re: stay in Tokyo or stay in Narita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 17:20