We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

manila
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

Me and my friends are going to Osaka and Tokyo for a short travel this April. We are travelling on a limited budget so we plan to cook especially our breakfast in the place where we will stay so we can save money.

could you recommend what hotels or inns that have dining facilities with free use of dinnerware, microwave oven, etc. for guests who wants to cook or reheat food.

thanks so much!

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

Try this one in Kyoto:

http://www.duo-inn.com/eg/index.htm

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

Unless you have a large party and stay at an apartment type place, most of business hotels, Toyoko inn, Super hotel, Via Inn, Apa Hotel, etc. etc. have free bf. Also it will be cheaper to eat out, i.e. Yoshinoya, etc. instead of buying the ingredients at supermarket & cook yourself. Also, you can buy freshly prepared hot bento at bento shop, i.e. Hokka Hokka Tei, etc. or buy warm a la carte at bustling basement of any department store.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

Business hotel chains like Comfort Hotel, Toyoko Inn, and Superhotel include a free breakfast buffet in the room rate. In Osaka, Family Inn Fifty's is an independent business hotel with a free breakfast.

For dinner, just go to a convenience store and pick up food off the shelves. Dinner that way will cost about 1,000 yen. The cashier will ask you a question you don't understand. Say "hai" (yes) and they will heat up your food for you. Then bring it back to the hotel and eat it in the room.

For lunch, you can't eat in a business hotel because they will want everyone out of their rooms so they can clean without anyone getting in the way.

Many business hotels also have coin-operated laundry machines, in case you need to do laundry.

manila
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

Thanks for all your suggestions. we'll consider them.

5. Re: trying to find budget hotel with dining facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 06:24