We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takayama or Miyajima???

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Takayama or Miyajima???

Help, I need to make a decision because of time restraints....only have 9 days and need to choose between going by train to Takayama or visiting Miyajima and seeing the famous tori near Hiroshima....I want to say Takayama because of the mountains, interesting food and Sake.. I will be flying into Tokyo, staying there 3 days ...Kyoto 3 days and out of Osaka to travel on to Korea.

Any ideas or comments most welcomed.

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Takayama or Miyajima???

Hmm....they are very different places. Seeing the Tori at Miyajima is nice, but if that is all you're going to Miyajima to see, it's a long way to go for a tori. However, if you had time, I would highly recommend a visit to the Hiroshima Peace Museum and Park, then a trip to Miyajima to spend a night.

From your post, it sounds like you would appreciate the mountains of Takayama......so go for it!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takayama or Miyajima???

Thanks for your speedy reply. I had planned to go to the Peace Museum and could still possibly do that without continuing further to Miyajima.

Edited: 21 August 2010, 22:04
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,105 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takayama or Miyajima???

But if you go to Hiroshima, Miyajima isn't very far away so there seems to be no reason not to go there as well.

4. Re: Takayama or Miyajima???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2011, 07:28