We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sapporo ski marathon

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
7 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
sapporo ski marathon

I am planning to go to sapporo ski marathon. Any suggestions for hotels near the sapporo dome?

And is it easy to rent skating skis? Didn t find any shops directly.

Thanks for advice!

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sapporo ski marathon

Hi there

This is the event in February?

This event?

http://www.shsf.jp/ski/info-e.html

Sapporo Dome is only 15 minutes subway from the city center, so really ANY of the hotels in Sapporo would be convenient - specially those near Sapporo Station/Odori or Susukino or GakuenMae (Sapporo International Youth Hostel is here) as those areas are on the Toho subway line to Fukuzumi. There may even be shuttle buses during the event from Fukuzumi subway station or downton.

As to renting skis - do these have to be high level skis for racing? or any cross country skis?

The sports center in Nakajima Park in Sapporo has a FREE ski borrowing service for a day or two. But I also imagine this kind of big event will have ski rental for people taking part.

There are also several recycle shops in the city and if you are here a day or two before you could go and buy cheaply some skis, or of course go to the sports shops and buy new.

Amanda

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
7 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sapporo ski marathon

Yes thats it! To ski 50 km one needs somewhat better skis so i dont think the free rental is an alternative. I dont think there is a rental option in the event (only less then 1000 participants) but will ask further. I am planning to do some sight seeing afterwards so would not like to carry the skis with me from finland to japan and back!

Jippu

3. Re: sapporo ski marathon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:18