We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

Thinking of going to Takayama in the next couple of days. Wanting to see the Cherry Blossoms in bloom. Does anyone know if the have started?

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

Blooming in Takayama started on April 7 and has recently peaked.

japan-guide.com/blog/…130417_takayama.html

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
837 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

Were there 2 days ago and they are on the way out.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

Not sure if you're taking a side trip or two while based in Takayama, but if you do then I suggest doing Shin Hotaka and then Tochio Onsen on your return bus leg the same day. Takayama to Shin Hotaka is a 90min bus ride, Takayama to Tochio 80min, both give or take.

I may possibly be wrong, but given a sakura festival is scheduled to open on 23rd you probably stand a hope of catching the blossoms in Tochio.

Sydney
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

Greetings. I was there for the spring matsuri 14th to 16th and they were very much in bloom. Plenty of places to see them, unless there is a lot of rain I would imagine they'd still be at their peak. Very few on the ground. The views from all the little bridges were lovely. Katherine

5. Re: Cherry Blossoms blooming in Takayama?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 05:17