We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Japan to Hawaii

Brisbane
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Japan to Hawaii

Hi

I am heading to Japan in October for the formula 1 (from Brisbane) and was thinking of then going to Hawaii on the way home. Can anyone help me with flight options one way from pref Osaka ( but not too fussy if from Tokyo etc) to Honolulu? I had thought there was a cheap option from Japan but I haven't been able to find any thing so far. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mel

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/

Brisbane
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

Thanks. I had looked at that option but it's very expensive! About $1400 Aud just to go one way.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

No budget airlines fly between Hawaii and Japan.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,906 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

United Airlines and Delta could be cheap. ANA and JAL are better but a bit more expensive.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ - for airfares.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,906 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

If you have time, fly by Korean Air or Asiana via Incheon. That would be a bit cheaper and offer a better flight experience than United or Delta. Do see above site for reality check: Hawaii isn't particularly near to Japan. There are packaged tours which will take you to shops first which can be cheap.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 14:06
Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

Believe me or not, US carriers flying between KIX and HNL are nicer than them flying anywhere else, IMO. Not sure about Hawaiian Air, who was a newcomer and started crossing the pond, but I gather they too will be nice in light of my past experiences of island-hoppings on the Hawaiian soil. Northwest-turned-Delta became far nicer last time I flew them with than the original Northwests I'd flown before. Um, United was the best back when though, when there was a "friendly-sky" with more expensive fares they were selling than JAL (now catering barely edible foods to coach passengers). One nice thing about JAL though was, they kept on schedule, never failed to fly back home from HNL on the day, as opposed to United/Northwest who sometimes suffered from engine-trouble with all the passengers already onboard having to shuttle-bus back to a 3star hotel in downtown for overnight stay, with the then-20-something meal coupons handed out...

London, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

Just had a look at cheap flights fare sites and in October Korean Air charge $866 one way total price from Tokyo. They were also the cheapest a few weeks back when i was thinking of doing the same route and came up with $912 one way to Honolulu at short notice.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

Thanks. I think I might have to give it a miss. It only costs around $900 to go to Hawaii RT from Brisbane. I think I'll just focus on Japan this holiday!

Mel

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Japan to Hawaii

OMG..i was just looking at the same thing! I'm in the US and cannot find a flight from Japan to Hawaii either..i thought I was goin crazy! LOL