We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days in Japan

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
12 days in Japan

The trip is only tentative at the moment but I wanted to go during Christmas/ New Year for twelve days. Do you think there is much to see? Is it worth it? Also, I wanted to know if Tokyo-Nagoya-Osaka (Kyoto/ Nara) and Kobe were all doable within this time period. When I think about it, it may be too tight of a schedule to fully enjoy the experience.

Thanks.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days in Japan

Hi there

Actually with 12 days, I will skip Nagoya.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,609 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days in Japan

Six cities in twelve days seems a bit rushed, IMO. Consider flying open-jaw, in at Tokyo and out at Osaka, or vice versa.

www.japan-guide.com is a good site to research. The site has some suggested itineraries.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days in Japan

Thanks for the prompt replies.

I was thinking of flying into Tokyo and flying out of Osaka. Kyoto and Nara would be just day trips/ overnight for me. Tokyo- Osaka seems like the popular route but people don't seem to go to Kobe.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 14:02
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,757 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 days in Japan

Kobe is a nice city but it's a bit short on interesting sights for visitors. With so many other things to see in Japan, it is usually not one of the top priorities of most folks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 days in Japan

I will propose you to fly in from Tokyo and head back to KL by Osaka. In fact, maybe you should consider taking MAS to tokyo, and fly back to KL via AA.

I will propose you to:

Tokyo -> takayama (shirakawago) -> kanazawa (just to eat and a garden, 1 nite is enuf) -> Kyoto and Nara -> Osaka -> KL

I think you should skip nagoya, as there is nothing much there, apart from the castle and a temple and a very nice noodle.

Hope it helps..

6. Re: 12 days in Japan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:18