We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Hello! I arrive at haneda airport at 10:15pm. I am staying with a friend in Toda-Koen. I want to try and get there the same night as we want to be there the next morning early for an event.

I've been looking for the best way to get there. My first option right now would be Limobus+taxi. I want to take the limobus to a stop as close to Toda-Koen as I can, and then take a taxi the rest of the way.

Is Omiya the closest stop? or Saitama Shintoshin? or is there a closer stop? I am a bit confused as in their web page they just list stops but I have no idea how far/close they are relative to Toda-Koen.

If anyone is familiar with the area and can help me! Thanks so much!

Yokohama
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Try google map from haneda airport to Toda koen.

http://goo.gl/maps/bPH38

take Limobus (from Haneda domestic terminal) to Omiya and take taxi from there.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,484 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Saitama Shintoshin is a bit closer to Toda Koen, but the taxi fare is still going to be expensive. Why don't you take the Saikyo Line train to Toda Koen?

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Train is another option but because of your late arrival you have few options at that time of night, the trains will stop running not long after midnight but you should be able to at least get to Akabane station & get a taxi from there (about 20 mins to Toda-Koen by taxi.)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

I don't understand why none recommends Ikebukuro station. Going Omiya or Saitama Shintoshin is a huge detour.

hanedabus.jp/schedule_e.php…

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,484 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Because Ikebukuro to Toda Koen by taxi would be expensive. I guess I should stop worrying about someone else's wallet :)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Saitama shintoshin station - Todakoen 12.1kms http://goo.gl/maps/Z3SlZ

Ikebukuro station - Todakoen 10.2kms http://goo.gl/maps/MT6Rc

7. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 05:18
Edited: 08 June 2013, 05:18
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,020 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

Take the train option. Probably the most straightforward and definitely the best budget option.

Without any hassle.

1) Tokyo Monorail from Haneda Airport International Terminal Building to Hamamatsucho.

2) JR Keihin Tohoku Line from Hamamatsucho to Akabane

3) JR Saikyo Line from Akabane to Toda Koen

4) Taxi from Toda Koen to your friend's house.

Single ticket can be bought for 1)-3). 850 yen, 55 min. Ask the station staff or anyone around if you don't understand. You'd find (signs for) elevators or escalators for each station if you look around.

Edited: 08 June 2013, 05:25
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

I'm not familiar with the area, but it seems that the latest you can get a train all the way to Toda-Koen as Yobeekool suggests is 11:09 PM weeknights (with one minute to change trains at Hamamatsucho!), maybe a bit earlier on weekends. This would be am option if your flight gets in early and you get through Immigration and Customs on time.

However, you can get as far as Akabane, leaving Haneda as late as 10 minutes after midnight. Akabane is 8 km (5 miles) from Toda-Koen station. Is the a reasonable plan?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,484 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Closest Limobus stop for Toda-Koen

There are local trains from Akabane to Toda Koen at 00:04 and 00:08.