We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limits on ATM withdrawals

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
380 reviews
Save Topic
Limits on ATM withdrawals

Hi folks

I think I'm pretty well sorted as far as understanding how to access ATMs with foreign Visa Debit or Citibank cards, but I was wondering whether there are daily or individual transaction limits in withdrawing cash from the machines. (I'm not talking here about limits imposed by our home bank, but rather by the ATMs themselves).

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,541 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limits on ATM withdrawals

in the neighbourhood of 1,000,000 yen or 10,000 USD

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,923 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limits on ATM withdrawals

The post office has a limit of 200,000 yen/transaction.

jp-bank.japanpost.jp/en/ias/en_ias_index.html

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
380 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limits on ATM withdrawals

Thanks folks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limits on ATM withdrawals

See: jp-bank.japanpost.jp/en/ias/en_ias_index.html for this statement from the Japan Post Bank (the post office bank):

"Notice:Following several instances of withdrawals made with stolen cards and counterfeit cards, Japan Post Bank has established a new withdrawal limit for single transactions.

Starting May 27, 2013, single transaction withdrawal limit will be 200,000 Yen."

5. Re: Limits on ATM withdrawals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:15