We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Tokyo

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Tokyo

I have a British Citizen passport and I am visiting Japan (Tokyo/Osaka/Hiroshima/Fujikyu and Fukuoka) during the Christmas Holiday. And I am going to have a long layover in Beijing, China for 23 hours and 55 minutes. Do I need a visa for the long layover in China?

Moreover, do I need a visa if I am visiting Japan for the second time in a year? (Not exceeding 90 days limit) And would it be possible for me to use Japan rail pass again, if I am visiting Japan for the second time?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Fukuoka
Fukuoka
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Likely To Sell Out
Mt. Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,190 Reviews
from US$147.60*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
108 Reviews
from US$57.10*
US$76.20
Mt Fuji Day Trip with Lake Ashi...
945 Reviews
from US$133.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Cabaret Evening Show...
898 Reviews
from US$68.60*
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53,004 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Tokyo

No limit to JR pass usage.

"UK and Irish passport holders are NOT required to obtain a visa if they wish to enter Japan for the purpose of journey described above for a period of 6 months or less." www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/temporary.html

Visa in China - chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/…t1021834.htm

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Tokyo

I was able to use two Japan Rail passes on a single trip to Japan, so it should be ok for you to get a second pass for part 2 of your visit to Japan.

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Visiting Tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:17