We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in Japan in July

Geneva Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks in Japan in July

Hi, I see you are very knowledgeable about Japan and would be grateful for some advice. I fly into Tokyo with my 2 daughters 12 and 14 on 5 July and we leave 27 July. This is what I have planned so far:

Hotel in Chiyoda-ku, Kioi-Cho 4-1, Chiyoda Ward from july 5 to 9. I thought to take the girls to disney for 1 day and open to suggestion as for the rest (as females we would like to do some shopping).

We have the 9th and 10th unplanned. thought we would go to an onsen (hot bath for 1 or 2 nights). any suggestions?

We booked an old traditional japanese house in Kyoto from 11 to 17. If you have any suggestions of must sees, happy to hear.

On 18th we fly from osaka to nagasaki to visit a friend. this is where I need your help. I was thinking of renting a car for a week 18 to 25 then fly back from somewhere to tokyo for friday night or can even return to tokyo on sat 26th, although thought one last day in tokyo could be fun.

There is lots to see in Kyushu and shikoku, we like beaches, temples, would be nice to visit a volcano, perhaps go to an island. what do you think, is a car doable, thought it would give us flexibility, allow us to stop and visit as we wish. What would you recommend we visit?

many thanks for your help

Kyoto Station Building
Architectural Buildings, Shopping Malls
Kitchen Town (Kappabashi)
Neighbourhoods, Points of Interest & Landmarks,
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
750 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in Japan in July

I see that you are going to Kyushu. Mt Aso is a place you can observe active volcano. From there you can go eastward to Yufuin or Beppu, famous spa towns in Kyushu. Beppu would be a fascinating even for adults with different kind of hot springs. I would recommend to move by car in Kyushu.

Ibusuki in Kagoshima is also interesting place where you can have hot sauna on a beach by being half buried in the sand. In front of Kagoshima City, there is another active volcano to visit.

Kyushu also provides nice nature so visiting national parks would be ideal.

Other places, you can seek better advice from individual travel forum.

Geneva Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks in Japan in July

Thank you for your suggestions and for agreeing that going by car would work.

3. Re: 3 weeks in Japan in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:19