We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indecisive of travel arrangements

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Indecisive of travel arrangements

Hi. Advice needed. We will be arriving Kansai Int airport at 10.25pm. We will be putting up at Hotel Nikko before leaving for Tokyo the next day. We have from 16/3 17/3 18/3 before moving on to Gifu. My question:

1) I checked with hyperdia, 1st JR train that leaves Kansai airport is 6.25am and reaches Tokyo around 9.30am, unless I got it wrong. We are thinking of Disneyland , Tsukiji Fish market and Mount Fuji while in Tokyo. All requires early mornings but we only have 3 days of which the 1st day is a traveling day. Which will be the best to visit first , Mount Fuji or Disneyland upon arrival in Tokyo?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indecisive of travel arrangements

The train from KIX to Tokyo via ShinOsaka runs through the south side of Mt Fuji and everyone can see it on a clear day. So maybe you should get off the train and explore the area before reaching Tokyo.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
708 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indecisive of travel arrangements

Why not going to Gifu first? It is on the way to Tokyo.

You might want to fly to Haneda in Tokyo which is much closer to the center than Narita and there are some early flights taking you to Tokyo.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,700 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indecisive of travel arrangements

I did a quick check on Hyperdia, and the first Haruka Express (if that's what you intend to take to Shin-Osaka) leaves at 6:40am, not 6:25am. The earliest time you can get into Tokyo proper is after 10am depending which combination of trains you take. Check your results.

Visitors primarily visit either Hakone or Kawaguchiko to see Mt. Fuji up close. Hakone is more crowded with tourists but it's also easier to visit in your case. Like Hiromi said, get off the train on your travel day for that visit. Disembark at Odawara (a Shinkansen stop between Shin-Osaka and Tokyo), buy the Hakone Free Pass without Tokyo transfers, tour the Hakone Loop, and then go onto Tokyo in the evening. Hakone Free Pass info:

www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/hakone/

You can then spend your two other morning days starting at Tsukiji and Disney, respectively. Tsukiji is closed on March 16.

4. Re: Indecisive of travel arrangements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:18