We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

Good day!

During my trip in Japan I plan on using takkyubin for the first time, and being rather unfamiliar with this service I am not sure about shipping times of this.

I will be going from Osaka to Fukuoka and stay for two nights before flying north to Sapporo. Leaving early in the morning for Fukuoka I might do some side trips during the same day when I leave from Osaka to some parts along the Sanyo Shinkansen line. However, dragging a big bag with me would be inconvenient. So I will most likely send lugguage through takkyubin to the next hotel.

In case it is too tight considering delivery time though, I might not use it to Fukuoka though. I don't want to see it delayed so I might miss my flight... I will leave from Osaka on the morning of 28th June, my flight from Fukuoka airport leaves around noon 1st July.

Later I will be doing train journey from Sapporo with a stop-over at either Hakodate or Aomori and plan on doing the same, sending my lugguage from Sapporo to Tokyo. How long might it take? Two-three days?

Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
3,992 reviews
from US$156.80*
Mt. Fuji Day Trip Including Lake Ashi...
899 reviews
from US$129.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
862 reviews
from US$66.40*
3-Day Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Nara Rail...
133 reviews
from US$585.80*
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,867 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

Shipping time = next day service nation wide, 7 days a week (except outlying islands)

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,592 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

Since you're spending only two nights in Fukuoka, take a carry on there and ship the rest to Sapporo.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

I recall wanting to send luggage from Kumamoto to Tokyo and that was not next day service....it was 2 day service for that distance.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,592 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

You can always request the express service--ship in the evening and receive next morning, even between Hokkaido--Tokyo or Kyushu--Tokyo:

www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/chosoku/chosoku.html

Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

In case I send it on the night/evening before leaving for Fukuoka (28th June), would it arrive before my flight then? Can't you set a specific last arrival date without needing for express, it's quite big anyway the bag so it might be a bit of a fee too.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,867 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

Airport takkyubin has different delivery/pickup deadlines (at least 1 extra day). Please refer to Yamato/Takkyubin official website.

Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

I think I confused you a bit sorry. I meant to send it to Fukuoka hotel before I leave for Sapporo, not to the airport. I need to pack liquids and razor blades in the lugguage before lift off etc..

Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

I think I confused you a bit sorry. I meant to send it to Fukuoka hotel before I leave for Sapporo, not to the airport. I need to pack liquids and razor blades in the lugguage before lift off etc..

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,867 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

I have problem following your itinerary. Please specify exact days .

- Reading their website my impression is express fee is required only if you have a late evening pickup and then a morning delivery the next day, for long distance delivery.

- delivery can be scheduled for different time slots during the day(9-12, 12-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-9), up to ~10 days in the future

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Takkyubin shipping time Sapporo-Tokyo and Osaka-Fukuoka

Takkyubin  or TA-Q-BIN web page:

kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/personal/ta_q_bin/

it says, “TA-Q-BIN is a next day delivery service (excluding certain areas)  .“

However, the page does not show the delivery guarantee since certain area is not clarified: The japanese page has a locator to show the delivery.

date.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/date/PostCode…

Fukuoka to Sapporo delivery is not “next day service,” but two day service needed one extra over night to reach: You can specify the delivery time from the morning of second day.