We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Honda collection

nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
trip to Honda collection

I have been offered a VIP visit to the honda museum and now to get to the Motegi race track for about 10.30 am on tues 20 may is this feaseable from the sun route plaza in Tokyo. Or any other travel suggestions as I can activate my 7 day Jr pass on that day. It looks like a 4 hour train journey. And I am due to go to Hakone on the weds. Thank you!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to Honda collection

0828 Nasuno Shinkansen from Tokyo station takes you to Utsunomiya station at 0921. Motegi Race Course is 1 hour from there by taxi.

Possible.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi vinny4x4

Would love to know how your trip to the honda collection went as we are due to go next week

I believe we are staying in the same hotel at the,moment.

Regards david

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi vinny4x4

Would love to know how your trip to the honda collection went as we are due to go next week

I believe we are staying in the same hotel at the,moment.

Regards david

nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi, sorry I have only just managed to return your message. O work for a Honda dealer and a man from Honda japan showed me round and picked me up from UA nearby station but it was still one hour away by car. As a bit of an anorak on Honda it was fantastic you can even smell petrol in the air! There is probably more bike stuff than cars which didn't bother me but to be showed round by a guy whoetc Mr Honda and worked on the holdings development was an honour. Well worth a long days travelling for me so I hope you feel the same. I am now in Hakone and am travelling south for the next few days. Friend me on Facebook if you like Kevin Westlake from Nottingham. Have a great time,

Kevin

nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi, sorry I have only just managed to return your message. O work for a Honda dealer and a man from Honda japan showed me round and picked me up from UA nearby station but it was still one hour away by car. As a bit of an anorak on Honda it was fantastic you can even smell petrol in the air! There is probably more bike stuff than cars which didn't bother me but to be showed round by a guy whoetc Mr Honda and worked on the holdings development was an honour. Well worth a long days travelling for me so I hope you feel the same. I am now in Hakone and am travelling south for the next few days. Friend me on Facebook if you like Kevin Westlake from Nottingham. Have a great time,

Kevin

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi kevin,

please to hear you enjoyed your trip to the collection, I am travelling there next week and I prefer the motor cycles any way, I am trying to work out how to get there from the main railway station,

sorry I am not on face book, I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday,

regards,

David

nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi David

Have you tried looking at the Hyperdia website?

It looks a long trip to Motegi town, we went to Utsunomiya and that was nearly an hour by car when we got there.

Good luck

Kevin

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi kevin

We are staying in Utsunomiya for one night, I have found a bus that goes to motegi station weekdays and then it will be a short taxi ride, I think the travel should be ok now,

enjoy the rest of your trip,

regards David,

nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to Honda collection

Hi David

Great to hear you are sorted, don't forget to see the ASIMO robot show its on twice a day , its fascinating.

I still cant load any of my pictures from the day as I cannot download them to the laptop from my phone until I get home.

Have a great time

Kevin

10. Re: trip to Honda collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 07:16