We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
help! anyone speaking japanese?

Hi there! I REALLY need someone to help me book a bed in one of mt fuji's huts..

I know there is a website where you can pay a small amount to have them do it for you, but unfortunately the day i chose isn't avaiable - BUT looking in some of the huts' websites i found out that THERE ARE still some places..I thought I could book the bed by myself - the thing is, using google translate it's quite useless, and I have serious problems to get what I'm supposed to do here http://www.mfi.or.jp/tomoekan/yoyaku.html

If any of you could help me, I'd be reallyreally grateful!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,664 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

Fill out the form, print it out and fax. You can also reserve by calling directly to either of the 2 locations

Date

# Adults, Children

Which location (7th or 8th)

Meal Plan (2 meals, breakfast only, dinner only, no meal)

Name (Kanji)

Name (Kana)

Postal Code

Address

Phone Number

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

Are you gonna climb Yoshida Trail? There are a number of other huts 6th to 8th . City of Yoshida is likely to give up to work with international climbers: try to pursue City's recommendation in the middle of the page with flushing NEW.

…yamanashi.jp/div/english/html/lodging.html

You can also click on hut names to check if they have English. So far, the following huts may accept English solicitation, but hopefully not Italian language.

Seikan-so on 6th

Hinodekan

GORAIKO-KAN

One other ideas as Bibimbob recommends is just trying to send your Fax message if you can locate a fax number. It may not be a matter if you can write in Japanese language, but some of them only have telephone number! You may add your e-mail address.

Another way is the guided tours:

www.fujiyamaguides.com/english/index.html

Worst of all, send me your e-mail message in this account.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

I've already tried to book it using fujimountainguides website, but it just doesn't show any availability for the night I need - while on the huts' websites it seems like there is! I'll try sending the fax, the biggest problem is: what I'm supposed to write where it says name in kanji/kana? For the address/post code can I use the ones of my hotel? And what about the phone number?

Thank you both sooo much for helping me!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

I've already tried to book it using fujimountainguides website, but it just doesn't show any availability for the night I need - while on the huts' websites it seems like there is! I'll try sending the fax, the biggest problem is: what I'm supposed to write where it says name in kanji/kana? For the address/post code can I use the ones of my hotel? And what about the phone number?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,380 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

While I can call up and ask instead of you, I will personally save this as a last resort for someone in serious trouble and when immediate help is needed.

I can't give preferential treatment for hundreds or perhaps thousands of people who are only trying to find a place in mountain hut without sending a fax inquiry first. I assume that most people would just open up the individual homepages of the mountain huts (links are given on that page) and find numbers next to "FAX" (using Google translate won't be necessary for finding "FAX" and numbers). Send a fax inquiry to your desired accommodation, noting your full name, number of persons, checking-in/out dates, no. of nights to make sure, your permanent address and reply home fax no. or e-mail address. Don't worry about Kanji or Kana issue.

Edited: 24 May 2014, 13:17
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,380 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

Tomoe-kan's FAX number: 0555‐73‐1792

Japan's Country code is +81

==

(International call service provider no. or exit code in Italy which seems to be 00) + 81-555-73-1792 [*omit zero before 555]. Good luck !

Edited: 24 May 2014, 13:28
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

9. Re: help! anyone speaking japanese?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:16